• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YZF-R1

Aug 22, 2010
    I decided to get into archery and decided on a crossbow. A wicked ridge invader ended up in my hands after a trip to bass pro. I purchased a target that works fine for it but doing it in the back yard of my house which is very close to a school made me a bit paranoid. So to the range I went.

Sanners Lake has some new very nice targets. To make a long story short, even at 40 yards the bolts had about two inches before hitting the fletching and only a set of pliers was able to remove them. Needless to say, one bolt is useless, the other has a tiny knick that makes me wonder if it is still usable (Easton aluminum bolts). And yes, I was using target tips, no broad heads.

Is there a tool to remove them? I have looked over the internet and have found plenty of patents but no product :-(.

Thanks in advance for any help.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    no tool that I know of other than a pliers. The key is to wrap the gripping surface with electrical tape and it wont hurt the bolt.

The main thing you want to do though is invest in some carbon fiber bolts. Seriously, the aluminum ones don't last for shit, you're lucky to be able to re-use them once. Carbon fiber bolts and arrows last for freaking EVER. Seriously I still have the first one I ever used, and it works great to this day. They will break, and you will lose some just like regular bolts, but they will last about 20-30 times longer than the aluminum or other arrows.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    companies make arrow pullers! you may need to trim it down some so it will fit to the exposed shaft but may still ruin the veins. you can lube the bolts with ivory soap.

OR you could learn from your mistake and bring your crossbow target along with you next time!

YZF-R1

Aug 22, 2010
    Thanks! I'll use lube and get the rubber puller. My bolts use flat nocks but I'm not sure it will accommodate the t-handle puller with the square plastic insert they have.

I purchased aluminum simply because they are the same that came with the crossbow and being a newbie it was the low risk approach. I'll look into carbon fiber now.

Thanks again.

Sonomer

Jul 22, 2012
    I use lube with my Rhinoblock to aid pulling the arrows out. Might definitely help you.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    be alot easier than pulling out the knock!

bednar-perfect-arrow-puller-pi-53951.html

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Thanks! I'll use lube and get the rubber puller. My bolts use flat nocks but I'm not sure it will accommodate the t-handle puller with the square plastic insert they have.

Lube and rubber pullers ! What did I miss, lol
    All joking aside I coat mine with Pam cooking spray and it works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom