• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raylon Rules

I am Groot
    Feb 19, 2013
    C.C.C.M.D.
    Has anyone here seen the pump action Ar style rifle from Troy? It doesn't seem all that useful, but I like it anyway. There's a short write up on the firearm blog. Sorry no link-stupid iPad.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Only useful AR attatchment would be the .50 BMG...anything else you may as well just get the real version of it...such as a Muzzle loader, crossbow, pump shotgun..etc

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    Troy-PAR-Folded-Stock.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/01/30/troy-defense-par-pump-action-ar-style-rifle/

Here's the link for ya.

Interesting concept, sounds like it would be MD legal because of proprietary lower/upper.

Here's the Troy website:
    http://www.troydefense.com/firearmsaccessories/troy-par-pump-action-rifle/

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Unless you were trying to defeat a ban I don't see this as a very appealing platform
    That's the idea, yes. Also good for selling in countries like Australia, where pump action rifles are not tightly controlled. The Rem 7600P is VERY hot in Australia these days. Given how many internet tough guys claim they can run a pump as fast as a semi-auto, this should be super appealing, right?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    That's the idea, yes. Also good for selling in countries like Australia, where pump action rifles are not tightly controlled. The Rem 7600P is VERY hot in Australia these days. Given how many internet tough guys claim they can run a pump as fast as a semi-auto, this should be super appealing, right?

I think I'd almost pay money to see that.:cool:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I think I'd almost pay money to see that.:cool:
    My response is always the same: you're never going to outrun a full auto Saiga 12, and once we've determined that, it's just a matter of how fast you can pull a trigger on the semi-auto. And just pulling a trigger will always be faster than trying to rack a pump and pull a trigger.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    This is nothing new... immediately after the 1994 ban a pump action AR was debuted on the front of Guns & Ammo. I have no clue who the manufacturer was...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom