• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vfr750f

Feb 2, 2008
    I purchased a Savage 1907 today at Shore Sportsman right off Route 50 in Easton. I was suprised to find that in addition to the MD State Police extortion fee, that they also charged $6 to cover mailing costs. Of all of the handguns that I have purchased in this state, I have never been charged anything other than the MD state fee. I was a bit surprised - has anyone else ever been charged fees other than the MD state police fee for a regulated firearm transaction?

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    I will have to go look, I bought at least 1 handgun from them but I asked for a final out the door cost with everything included before purchase and don't remember the fees.

I purchased a Savage 1907 today at Shore Sportsman right off Route 50 in Easton. I was suprised to find that in addition to the MD State Police extortion fee, that they also charged $6 to cover mailing costs. Of all of the handguns that I have purchased in this state, I have never been charged anything other than the MD state fee. I was a bit surprised - has anyone else ever been charged fees other than the MD state police fee for a regulated firearm transaction?

Mailing what? Its all done by fax I believe.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Odd, every 01 I've dealt with faxed the documents to the state police. Never seen 'em snail mailed.
    Would love to see photos of your Savage! Have a 1907 in .32 and 1917s in both .32 and .380. Still looking for an model 1915 in either caliber that wouldn't require a bank loan to purchase!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    those are cool pistols, im keeping my eyes open hoping for a nice portuguese contract one to pop up for a decent price one day.

There's a tough one to find, I've only seen one come to market in the last 5 yrs. My 1907 is one of those built for the French Army in WWI, has the lanyard ring. I suspect that mine was one of the over-run pieces that was then sold in the US civilian market.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Some stores dont use the MSP Fax Program and use Priority Mail to ship the 77r's. Some places may transfer that cost to the customer.

If it wasnt an old gun I would say its a possibility that you were charged to mail off the Shell Casing to the MSP, but that gun dont require a Shell Casing.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    What kind of troglodyte doesn't use a fax? This is a business necessity. So, we charge our customers $6 to mail a package and make them wait additional time? This is ridiculous.

Seems odd to me but I know 3 dealers off hand who still mail them. I dont understand the reasoning. Usually dealers who are not on the MSP Fax program are the ones people complain about when they get no response after 7 days and the dealer wont release the gun.

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I haven't bought anything but shotguns from Jaime. However I just realized I have an unused gift certificate from there. Thanks for the reminder!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom