• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    Don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes.

I understand that I am allowed to go outside of Maryland and purchase greater than 10 round magazines for my semi auto handgun and bring them to Maryland.

If I purchase a semi-auto handgun online with over-the-limit 14 round magazines I understand that they cannot ship the handgun with the magazines to my Maryland FFL.

If the seller does not have any 10 round magazines to substitute, is it legal for me to have the original 14 round magazines shipped to a friend in PA, where I can travel out of Maryland to retrieve?

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Yes... Provided that the seller will agree to do so.

I've had experience with some who will not split-ship the firearm and mags. Or would not ship to a different state when the item was paid for with a credit card listed to a Maryland address.

And if they will, be prepared to pay extra for the split-shipping to two addresses.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Also, SOME MD FFLs will accept the handgun with larger than 10 round mags, and for a fee, ship the mags out of state.

An FFL can legally do this.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Yes... Provided that the seller will agree to do so.

Big one here.

I've had dealers offer to ship without magazines, some not. I've had dealers willing to ship to an FFL that will pin the magazines when they arrive, some not. Also had dealers flat out refuse to ship to Maryland.

An FFL can receive 10+ round magazines in the state of MD. It's the transfer to us that's illegal.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Why not just go to a gun show and take advantage of the "loophole" the media and politicians always talk about and get whatever you want?;)

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Forgot to add. If you are referring to a Glock, most authorized dealers will not play around with a magazine. They will give you the 10rd factory mag (orange bottom)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom