• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Looks like they are going to try and push Vivek through this week before the new Senate takes over.

http://news.yahoo.com/finally-surgeon-general-181601233.html

Not a good choice if you believe in the Second Amendment.

He will miraculously become a Vice Admiral in the uniformed Public Health Service when he is confirmed. Believe it or not the uniformed PHS is a military service with a rank structure and insignia very similar to the US Navy.

Note to media talking heads: Don't call the Surgeon General, the Attorney General, or the Secretary General "General".

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Believe it or not the uniformed PHS is a military service with a rank structure and insignia very similar to the US Navy.

It's not military. It's one of the seven uniformed services: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, PHS, NOAA. Correct that the uniform and rank follow Navy. Unique insignia and badges.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    NNBDBQ~.png
    :facepalm:

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Bart, laughing stock while she was there. Often sported a uniform ranging from unkempt to nasty. Sad, if not outright disgraceful.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    It's not military. It's one of the seven uniformed services: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, PHS, NOAA. Correct that the uniform and rank follow Navy. Unique insignia and badges.

I stand corrected. They can be detailed to the military services and become subject to the UCMJ, but as the PHS they are not under the DoD.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Years ago I saw Coop at Bethesda........... had no idea what he was, maybe a Banana republic dictator. :lol2:

My wife talked to Colin Powell there not long ago. He was lost.

Rear Admiral Giberson is who should be the next SG. He's very well respected within PHS and a genuinely nice guy.

Murthy will be a bigger joke than Benjamin.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    My wife talked to Colin Powell there not long ago. He was lost.

Rear Admiral Giberson is who should be the next SG. He's very well respected within PHS and a genuinely nice guy.

Murthy will be a bigger joke than Benjamin.

Benedict Powell lost? Hopefully it's VERY advanced, I'll make damn sure my flag doesn't dip. I hope it's terminal!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Murthy was born to a Kannada speaking family; his parents are originally from Karnataka, India. He was born in Huddersfield, England, but his family relocated to Miami, Florida when he was three years old. Murthy completed his early education in Miami, graduating as valedictorian from Miami Palmetto Senior High School in 1994. He then attended college at Harvard University, where he graduated magna *** laude in three years with a bachelors degree in Biochemical Sciences. Murthy received an MD from Yale School of Medicine and an MBA in Health Care Management from Yale School of Management in 2003, where he was a Paul & Daisy Soros Fellow. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine in 2006 from Brigham and Women's Hospital.

He's perfect for the job
    B48BuC4CUAIemBi.png

Last edited:

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    What powers does the SG have on guns? All I see is another round of fear and people going out and buying more guns and ammo. Better find what you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mr88

Latest threads

Top Bottom