• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    A few months ago, I was completely oblivious to the shortage of ammo and backlog of background checks, that the good old MSP are taking their sweet time processing (likely at the governor's request), and it wasn't bothering me. Then Sandy Hook happened, and I slowly began to figure out that we really are in danger of losing our sport. It was making me angry how underhanded some politicians are handling it. I was beginning to let all this get under my skin, and ranting about the communist government we have here, to anyone that would listen.

Then a couple weeks ago I was to get my shoulder operated on (torn rotator cuff) and during the pre-operative physical, they told me my EKG looked less than normal so had to go in for further testing. This shocked me as I've always eaten healthy and stayed physically fit. But I have eaten a few french fries in the past couple years, and was thinking, maybe I'm not as invincible as I think I am. To put a long story short, after waiting 2 days to get in to the cardiologist and wondering what was going on inside my ticker, I quit worrying about all the externals. In the end it turned out my ticker is absolutely fine, I just had a slight abnormal EKG because I was recovering from flu.

So it is not good to stress about these things overly, while we do all we can to prevent them. Just like taking care of our health, citizen involvement helps keep our government healthy, so it doesn't become clogged with the cholesterol of greed and lust for power and control which robs others of their freedom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom