• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    We're having an informal shoot on the 18th of March. Kind of a "fun match", and rules are a blend between Palma and F-class. Palma style targets, 15 shot groups for score at 800, 900 and 1k. Rules are posted at the link below.

I'm not shooting this one myself, due to a recent injury, but I am taking my daughter down to shoot her rifle and to help out.

These sorts of informal, unsanctioned matches are good learning experience for those who aren't familar with long range match shooting, and would like to learn w/o undue pressure. I have two beginning match shooters using my loaner rifles who would otherwise be unable to try this interesting sport. There will other people like myself, and other more qualified guys there too, available to assist and help solve problems.

The challenges of long range shooting are much different than the short to midrange stuff we usually encounter here in MD. Mirage, drop, spin drift, wind - last match, I had to dial on 9 moa (7 feet) of wind at 900 with a .308.

Here is a thread with more info, notably "rules":
    http://www.snipershide.net/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=119383&page=0&fpart=1

And, here's another thread with last minute "procedures":

http://www.snipershide.net/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=116740&page=1#Post116740

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom