• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prospector

Sep 1, 2008
    Ok guys and gals,

Its that time of year again.Elections are this Sat at WTBn classroom.We will be there early to join up members and let you have a voice in QSC's path for next year.
    I believe this board has accomplished a helluva lot this year but there is plenty more to do.
    Come on out and vote for whoever you believe will do the best for the club,just come on out.Don't sit on your asses and piss and moan if things change.

Whoever get elected just has to follow up on all the stuff we've got started.If we don't keep on it it will gradually fade away.Then we'll be in the same position we've been in years past.That would be a shame with all the hard work that has gone on.

See ya'll Sat.

Steve

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Where's the meeting, and what time? Can I finally pick up my membership card, there (I've never received one)? I don't even know when my membership needs to be re-upped- how can I check that?

buffalobob

Dec 10, 2009
    DC
    An email from QSC

All Members,

Please don't forget that the clubhouse will be open from 0800 until 0845 on Saturday, 15 January 2011 just prior to the General Membership Meeting. You may join the club or renew your membership at that time.

The Weapons Training Battalion Classroom is shown on the "Ranges" map on the QSC website.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Where's the meeting, and what time? Can I finally pick up my membership card, there (I've never received one)? I don't even know when my membership needs to be re-upped- how can I check that?

If you joined at the meeting last year with me it was January 11

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    Here are the two slates (copied and pasted from QSC email):

In addition to the Slate that was put forth previously;

Dick Jones, President
    David Conrath, Vice President
    Luis Eljaiek, Secretary
    David Zlowe, Treasurer
    Steve Mullins, Member at Large

an additional slate has been proposed:

Charles Nesby, President
    Russ Fisher, Vice President
    Charles Phillips, Secretary
    David Zlowe, Treasurer
    Harvey Graham, Member at Large.

Nominations for the President will be taken from the floor first and voted upon before any nominations for the other offices are accepted. Once the President has been elected, Nominations for Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Member at Large will be accepted and voted upon as a block.

Prior to the casting of ballots for each office, each nominee will have two minutes to express their qualifications and vision for the future. As always, the nominator and the second for each candidate will express their rationale for the nomination. The election will be conducted in accordance with Roberts Rules of Order.

The Election Committee will be composed of Marco Soave, who will chair the election, Willie Williamson, and Brad Cundari, our acting Operations Officer. All three members will count the votes & confirm the results. Brad will meet you at the door to establish your membership standing and provide you with the packet of ballots.

May the best men win. I hope to see you all there.

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    What are the visions of the two slates?

I don't have a clue. The first I heard of the second slate was last night in an email from QSC, part of which I copied above. Communication is not a strong point of QSC. It would be nice to get a one-two page "Vision for QSC" writeup from both slates.

I do think Steve has done a great job - and I'm probably going to vote for his slate. When Steve left, the club went to sh*t and now that he is back, I see things starting to ramp up again. That is about all I know.

MDCXD

Nov 27, 2008
    Mt. Airy
    Don't worry about all that , if you care be there, and vote. It is Important. Either vote or shut up, and I won't go gently into that good night.

Prospector

Sep 1, 2008
    [QUOTE=MDCXD;932411]Don't worry about all that , if you care be there, and vote. It is Important. Either vote or shut up, and I won't go gently into that good night.[/QUOTE]

Mike has been through alot at QSC for the last couple years and I believe he has a good take on what has been going on. Might should listen to his thoughts.

I have no idea what the other slate has planned or is pissed off about,but I'm 100% confident in our slate.

We have no hidden agenda's,just what is best for the MC and ultimately for QSC,I think what we have accomplished the last 3 years shows where we are coming from.

Willie and me are still going full steam ahead on the modifieds,I'm going to be concentrating on 3-gun matches as well.So get prepared we are going to have a helluva year,

Members of the shooting teams (MC) are joining QSC because they approve of the direction we are going (in my opinion)It also shows support of the direction of QSC as of now.

I would love to see the most members show up and vote that the QSC has ever seen.

If the long range,3-gun,xtc,NRA,Palma, shooters want things to happen they better come on out.

Listen to the arguments,mull it over,make up your mind and vote.It's that damn simple.Sit on your ass and wait and see,don't bitch!!!!

I'll be there and anyone that wants to question my motives just speak up.I'm not noted for my speaking but you will hear the truth.

I personally can't wait to see what the bitching will be about!!!!

See ya'll tomorrow.

Steve:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom