• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S1gnal

Stereotype breaker
    May 2, 2008
    Central Maryland
    Ok, I need a little help here guys,

My new scope will be here Friday (pushing it I know) but there's no way I would be able to get the base or rings here in time for Sunday.

(Ed and Medic, I Know you guys told me last time I talked to you about where to go and what to get but with holiday deployments with work and family I got delayed. :banghead:)

Does anyone know of any place locally that I could drive to that would have 30mm rings and/or a 20 moa base?

Prospector

Sep 1, 2008
    Hey Guys and Gals,

Been a slight change for Sun the 4th.Match meeting at the same time 0830 at the top of R4.We will have pullers for the match,seems like we've got several shooters with medical problems so the pullers are back on.

The match fees will be $36.00 with the pullers included.Please try to bring the correct change if possible.

We will have a meeting to air out any complaints that anyone has.This should clear the air so we can all have a good time shooting the rest of the year.

Match fees and we will have 2 classes this year(F-TR 308,223 only)(F-Open all other calibers)are the only changes so far.

See ya'll there Sun.

Steve

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County

My new scope will be here Friday (pushing it I know) but there's no way I would be able to get the base or rings here in time for Sunday.

(Ed and Medic, I Know you guys told me last time I talked to you about where to go and what to get but with holiday deployments with work and family I got delayed. :banghead:)

Does anyone know of any place locally that I could drive to that would have 30mm rings and/or a 20 moa base?

Give Dan a shout up at Gun Connection or give a shout over to white marsh arms.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind

Don't sweat it S1gnal. :)

I just dumped out my parts box and have a Badger 20 minute short action base and a set of Leupold Mark4 medium height 30mm rings and a set of Badger 30mm high rings. I think we can get you fixed up. :cool:

I thought I had a base around, but was pleasantly surprised to see some rings too. The high Badgers are painted baby-sh!t brown . . er, I mean "Desert Tan" and the Loopy rings look like they're "OD Green".

Last edited:

K Train

PARATROOPER
    Jul 25, 2008
    FREEEEEE AT LAST!!!
    So, fulton armory screwed my order up and sent me 4 boxes of Hornady 30-06 168gr A-max instead of Blackhills 308 175 Match.

So now i'm in need atleast ONE box, two would be great of 308 Blackhills 175

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Hey Medic87, still awake?

ETA: Shouldn't be too bad, only a 50% chance. Last time, it was 100% and it did almost stop a couple times.

Last edited:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    According to my weather source it isn't supposed to start raining until about 4pm, so we should be golden. It's gonna be a bit nippy in the AM though.

K-Train, if you are shooting a remington, you may want to go with Federal Gold Medal Match over the black hills stuff. Seems every remington I have seen likes it a bunch better than the Black Hill stuff. I have shot match grade stuff from both out of mine and there is a significant difference in consistency.

S1gnal

Stereotype breaker
    May 2, 2008
    Central Maryland
    Hey all.
    Just wanted to let everyone know I have a ton of pics from yesterday. However before I do anything I wanted to make sure it wasn't a prob with anyone. If you would prefer I can email your particular pic(s) to you.

It sounds crazy to some people, but like myself because of work I rather not have my pic posted.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    no problem here S1gnal
    Same here. This won't be the worst crowd we've had our pics taken/posted with, and it's too late to worry about that now anyway . . . :sad20:

Steve will have the match results up in a day or so, but this is what I recall:

1st David Brower won with a 486
    2nd Kurt 484
    3rd ___
    4th ___
    5th Laura 473
    6th Ed 472
    7th Taylor 472 (by a couple X's)

Sorry I don't remember 3rd & 4th, but I DO remember being bumped out of 5th VERY clearly . . . :kicknuts: :D

S1gnal

Stereotype breaker
    May 2, 2008
    Central Maryland
    So..uhmmmmm...are you saying I should start taking notes from Laura instead of you?:lol2:

And for the pics, my normal site was down for storing them and linking so I put them in my members gallery here. Sooo, they are now on the front/home page and under my screen name's gallery.

It was kinda pointless to post them again in a thread.

So let this serve as a warning to anyone who told their significant others they were some place else...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom