• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prospector

Sep 1, 2008
    Hey guys and Gals,

Here's the results for our first match of 2009.Hope everyone enjoyed the day.We really appreciate you Maryland folks shooting these matches ya'll are a fine bunch of people.

I see that Ed has taken quite a few of you under his wing and I want ya'll to know you couldn't be in better hands.Ed's one of the most generous shooters I know as I've seen him spend countless time helping the guys on the range.Thanks Ed.

On a special note we finally had 190 broke on the 1000 yd line.A first for our shoots.Dave Conrath shot a 190 then Laura broke that with a 191 .But sorry to say the new goal is now 194 shot by Don Sheridan.David Brower and Kirk burns both shot 192's.All in all an excelent day of shooting as far as I'm concerned!!

Thanks ya'll. See you in Feb.

Steve

Match 1 Jan 3 2009
    F Class Open

1. David Brower 486 18x
    2.Kirk Burns 484 12x
    3.Don Sheridan 481 7x
    4.Dave Conrath 474 8x
    5.Laura Shell 473 11x
    6.Ed Shell 472 9x
    7.Mike Sherr 468 10x
    8.James Ventre 464 3x
    9.Josh Armistead 334 1x
    10.Scott Victor 302 0x

F Class T/R

1.Taylor White 472 7x
    2.Herman Harke 462 6x
    3.Brian Metze 458 7x
    4.Jim Collier 445 5x
    5.Cynthia Collier 440 2x
    6.William Houck 439 5x
    7.Luis Eljaiek 437 2x
    8.Jim Hughes 434 0x
    9.Bryant Fair 429 1x
    10.Steve Mullins 425 2x
    11.Don Bohle 418 1x
    12.Kyle Lee 399 0x
    13.Ken Mixx 395 1x
    14.Dan Pesta 387 3x
    15.Sam Kuehmichel 373 1x
    16.Terry Robinson 363 0x
    17.Joe Allen DNF

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Second the thanks there Steve, you guys are a very good group to shoot with. That being said, I shot like crap but I sure did have a good day.

krob

Oct 9, 2007
    bushwood md
    i just need to save up a few more pennies then i will be able to play with the big dogs in the mean time could one of you guys explain the scoring system to a noob

thanks
    rob

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Second the thanks there Steve, you guys are a very good group to shoot with. That being said, I shot like crap but I sure did have a good day.
    Terry, you and Sam should both group test that new ammo before either of you take any credit for not shooting well. Different rifles will often show preferences for different ammo and you may have a compatibility problem.

K Train, Feb 8th. These modified F-class matches will be held on Sundays during the first *full* weekend of each month.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I need to mark the calender, the wife has cleared me from Honey do's for the February shoot. Have you picked a date yet?

Never mind I see it's above.

lag time sucks...

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    . . . in the mean time could one of you guys explain the scoring system to a noob . .

It's a 50 round match, and each shot is potentially worth 10 points. A perfect score is 500.

There is a 5" "X" ring, and the X counts as 10 and is used as a tie breaker.
    The 10 ring is 10".
    The 9 ring is 20".

We fire 15 shots at 800, 15 at 900 and 20 at 1,000. Steve's reference to the 190-194 scores at 1k is based on a perfect score of 200, so that is some pretty fine shooting.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    You shoot unlimited sighters and 15 shots for score at 800 yards, 2 sighters and 15 shots for score at 900 yards and 2 sighters and 20 shots for score at 1000 yards.

You get the number of points for the ring you hit with each shot. i.e if you hit a 10 ring you get 10 point and so forth down the rings. Hits to the X count for 10 points and the number of X's are used to break ties.

Say one shooter has 425 with 5 X's and another shooter has 425 with 2 X's, then the shooter with 5 X's would have won over the shooter with 2 X's.

K Train

PARATROOPER
    Jul 25, 2008
    FREEEEEE AT LAST!!!
    thats horrible about the dates, being a part of the stupid reserves sucks sometimes bc they try to make me attend their monthly drill along w/ my regular work week.......

i'll see if i can get off, but i may not be able to attend every month.... bah!

Prospector

Sep 1, 2008
    Hey Guys,

Apprecaate it but I couldn't find anything except benchrest to shoot so we decided to try this.Seems a helluva lot more fun to me.

Everyone:this is not the easiest shoot you can do by any means so don't get upset with some lower scores.(look where I came in!!!!LOL!!!)The more you get your shit together the better off your gonna be(do as I say not as I do)but it's on helluva learning experience.Don't get discusted or too disiappointed and you'll see improvement almost everytime.

Till I see ya'll again.Hold tight!!!!

Steve

S1gnal

Stereotype breaker
    May 2, 2008
    Central Maryland
    9th place out of 17..not too bad for my first time with my rifle.

I just wanna know the name of the 12 year old in the 6th relay. I'm curious to see if he out shot me.:sad20:

Also, out of curiosity how do you guys distinguish TR from Open. Some of the rifles I thought would be TR actually aren't according to this which actually worked out because it turned out to be more of a level playing field.

I'm going to try to make it to the Reloading clinic coming up and I'll def be there for the next match. Had a ton of fun, met a lot of good people.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Terry, you and Sam should both group test that new ammo before either of you take any credit for not shooting well. Different rifles will often show preferences for different ammo and you may have a compatibility problem.

It was more me than the ammo I think, it's what I get for not being able to shoot for 2 months. I actually started breaking down what I was doing at the 1K and started figuring it out in the last ten shots, which were pretty consistent. I am definitely going to group this ammo again beside some FGMM, which I just ordered a case of.

K Train

PARATROOPER
    Jul 25, 2008
    FREEEEEE AT LAST!!!
    It was more me than the ammo I think, it's what I get for not being able to shoot for 2 months. I actually started breaking down what I was doing at the 1K and started figuring it out in the last ten shots, which were pretty consistent. I am definitely going to group this ammo again beside some FGMM, which I just ordered a case of.

i think the M118 ammo worked pretty good for Sam and myself :). When i grouped/zeroed it at the Range saturday it grouped in exactly the same spot as my BH 175 MATCH @ 200yds 5 shot group 1.25''

medic87

Apr 27, 2008
    Az
    Yeah, I dont think it was an ammo problem on my end, just me.... I needed to slow down and concentrate on some of the basics more... Thanks again to everyone that helped put it on, I plan on being back in Feb.

Had a great time guys, the Quantico Range 4 crowd is outstanding. I learn something new every time I shoot there. If you're thinking about getting into competitive LR shooting it's a great venue, no pressure, and plenty of talented shooters that are willing to help you out. Great training opportunity!

S/F,

T

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom