• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Friend of mine doing WC application and asked me about question 6.

6. Personal Protection : Individuals applying for the reason of personal protection must submit: (a) documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or signed statements from witnesses

Why is this still even on there? What’s the right answer ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

6. Personal Protection : Individuals applying for the reason of personal protection must submit: (a) documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or signed statements from witnesses

Why is this still even on there? What’s the right answer ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Self defense. It's still on there because they have not reformatted the application software.

owldo

Ultimate Member

Why is this still even on there? What’s the right answe"r ?
    "Personal Protection" is the answer .... You no longer have to justify your reason ...They haven't had time to edit the web page !

BurtonRW

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    I believe I just cited the Bruen opinion and attached a copy, but that was the day after, so it was still fresh and I was feeling snarky.

-Rob

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    You don't need to even mention Bruen. I think they even asked us not to attach the decision back in July.

They're still using the old forms because they haven't gotten around to revising them. So what? Is that really so confusing?

I remember the show MASH would joke about the Korean War being fought with WWII surplus. One episode Radar O'Reilly explained how to fill out a bureaucratic form: " On Line 6 strike out the words 'German/Japanese ' and write in 'Chinese/North Korean."

Just say "personal protection" and move on. Good and Substantial is dead.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Just tell your friend to go to the MSI web site and follow their instructions on applying for a permit. And while they are there tell them to join MSI to help fight the upcoming battles in the MGA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom