• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Moose

Apr 9, 2013
    Severn, MD
    Please excuse me if this is a dumb question. I grew up in MD but I'm still trying to wrap my head around MD politics.

I understand the DINO movement and recently switched over due to all the recent MD gun legislation but if enough Marylanders are pissed due to the passing of ridiculous "liberal" laws (gas tax, rain tax, gun laws, etc.) during the General Assembly session, would being a DINO actually be counterproductive if there is statewide push for some Republican candidates in 2014?

Here's the news article that got my mind wondering: http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/...cle_aa7fe022-4b7e-56e6-8097-64317f874357.html

Last edited:

bogus130

Jan 23, 2013
    DINO would really only effect primary elections. It is to knock out a certain politician from getting to the general election. One problem that could come up would be if there was a republican running against one of our other republican allies. We may loose the numbers to vote in our republican allie in the primary election.

Anyone can vote for any politician in a general election. So all DINO's can still vote for a republican in the general election.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    I would add to that not to place too high of an expectation on the MD GOP. I've worked on a couple of campaigns and while the candidates are sometimes good and quite conservative, the lion's share of the money and press goes to the most liberal of the Dems. It's just the way it is here. You can't have the huge numbers of government employees and beltway bandits that we have and not have it lean far left.

As an example, it seems impossible to me that someone as well spoken and concise as Dan Bongino couldn't get above the fold or on the home page of any news organization for his entire campaign.

The real problem though, in my opinion, is the people of MD. I can't tell you how many Scout troop leaders and other businessmen I've talked to around here during my normal business day that think this insane law is not a big deal because it doesn't affect their bolt rifles or Grandpa's revolver. It's a microcosm of stupid here in that respect. The DINO movement is an effort to oust the liberals at the point where they are most politically vulnerable and its laudable for that but in the grand scheme of MD politics it will not change the minds of those people who vote but are not watchful citizens. We will get less stupid but that does not equal smart government.

/rant

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom