• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 13, 2011
    I am 25 and about to purchase my first regulated firearm (I'm tired of borrowing my dads AK and want my own). I'm reading thru MD law and I'm wondering if I will have a problem. When I was 17 I got a PBJ for destruction of private property thru Juvenile court and have never had a problem sense. But ive read that its still going to be looked at because im under 30 and i didnt know that I can't have it removed because everything stays on a juvenile record. So I'm wondering is this going to give me any problems with the 7 day waiting period. Thank you in advance for your help :)

Dec 13, 2011
    Cool thank you for your quick responce and reassurence. Its always a big time when you buy some thing for the first time. I was the same way 6 years ago when I bought my first 870 and the dealer took forever with my paperwork I thought something was wrong. But thanks again

Xfade

Dec 26, 2011
    Anne Arundel Co.
    I just had an issue with my purchase of a firearm and a past PBJ. When I called the licensing division of the MSP in Parkville, I believe they had an option in there phone system where you could check and see if you were eligible to purchase. I don't know what it entails but it may ease your mind a lil.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    It shouldnt be an issue.

It shouldnt show as an conviction nor is it a disqualifying crime.

If the value of the property damage was greater than $500 it is a prohibiting crime and would count against you unless you're older than 30 - or it was a PBJ.
    A PBJ isn't a conviction.
    If you were adjudicated delinquent (the equivalent of a guilty finding for adults), you're done until you are 30.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    If the value of the property damage was greater than $500 it is a prohibiting crime and would count against you unless you're older than 30 - or it was a PBJ.
    A PBJ isn't a conviction.
    If you were adjudicated delinquent (the equivalent of a guilty finding for adults), you're done until you are 30.

What is the maximum penalty for over $500?

JOBU

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2010
    STALAG Montgomery
    We really need the Mods to create a stickie about this subject so as to help those former youthful miscreants that keep asking this question.

Dec 13, 2011
    Well all my paperwork is in so ill see if it affects me or not if it does ill have to try to find a way to get it expunged

CRJUPro

Dec 20, 2011
    Maryland
    I am 25 and about to purchase my first regulated firearm (I'm tired of borrowing my dads AK and want my own). I'm reading thru MD law and I'm wondering if I will have a problem. When I was 17 I got a PBJ for destruction of private property thru Juvenile court and have never had a problem sense. But ive read that its still going to be looked at because im under 30 and i didnt know that I can't have it removed because everything stays on a juvenile record. So I'm wondering is this going to give me any problems with the 7 day waiting period. Thank you in advance for your help :)

Juvenile records can be expunged.

Dec 13, 2011
    OK well here's an update. Today is day 8 after submitting my paperwork and it has not come back yet. I have been dealing with Mark at 2a sales and he is a great dealer to deal with and has my business from now on. But he said he will try to get some answers by Tuesday. So I will let you guys know. O and after talking to my lawyer and doing research juvenile records can not be expunged. They can only be sealed but sealing them doesent stop MSP from looking at them when it comes to firearms.

Dec 13, 2011
    Well everything was good and I got my new AK but now I got proof for my kids that what they do before 18 can hurt them later

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom