Question about XD mod 2 buy in MD or PA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I'mBack

Mar 2, 2016
    AA County
    Hi there.

My current EDC is a Springfield XDS 9mm. I'm planning on upgrading to the XD Mod 2 9mm for greater capacity. I like the Springfield XD paltform for the additional backstrap safety and just feel more comfortable carring with that extra safety.

Anyway, my question is: Should I purchase in MD and then go to PA to purchase the higher capacity magizines 13rd & 16 rd respectively. Or, should I purchase in PA and then ship to a FFL in MD? Would the PA store be able to pull the higher capacity magazines out before sending it to MD? Or would PA never even put their hands on it and it's a mute point because it would never ship directly to MD?

Signed confused and irritated lol

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    If the shop in PA will let you take the mags it would be legal to bring them back to Maryland. If they ship the mags to the Maryland FFL they're gone.

I'd buy the gun in Maryland. Then I'd have a couple of 10 round magazines. And next time I was at a gun show in America get a couple standard size.

Maybe I'm weird but if I thought that I might ever need that gun for home defense, etc I'd want 10 round magazines in it. I realize that it is only a misdemeanor if you commit a serious crime with a over 10 round magazine.

BGOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom