• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • In the Democratic Primary for 2016 who do you vote for?

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 21 47.7%
    • Martin O'Malley

Votes: 23 52.3%

• Total voters

Claybreaker 2

Aug 25, 2013
    Frederick County
    The presidential candidates are usually already decided on before Maryland's primaries.

I would think that DINO votes for a trailing candidate would help them stay in the primary races longer thereby helping to deplete the frontrunner's fundraising and dividing ongoing donations. I do not foresee conservative blue dog democrat running, so I think the DINO effort would best be used to support any dem that is causing problems for the leader especially if they are bringing up uncomfortable issues in debates.

Mr H

Banana'd
    DiNO is, in essence, a reversal of the Buckley Rule.

Whereas Buckley posited you should vote for the most Conservative candidate who could win, DiNOs would vote for the Liberal/Democrat who has no chance in the general.

The theory was designed more for local and state elections in Maryland, because of closed primaries. I don't see it doing much beyond that.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    While that would definitely be a statement to make, as it stands now he is still polling at less than .5% in national polls.

Maryland really means nothing, electorally.

I just want to see that smug bastard stand there thinking "WTF, those blind lemmings in Maryland won't even vote for me anymore"

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The point of this thread was to make people think. Only two choices were provided in order to force a decision. No doubt when the primaries come around things will be different and there will be other choices but until then keep thinking and keep informing the low information voters you know. This next election is too important to wait until the last moment, just look at the ages of the Supreme Court Justices.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I switched back. The whole DINO thing was an epic fail last election.

Yeah, better to just to give up. It's not as if any movement, anywhere, ever started with a small group of people and grew into anything of significance.

Mr H

Banana'd
    No, just a bad idea.

It worked better in some districts, less so in others. But it worked.

Even in some areas where there was no change in seats, the vote counts were decidedly less D-heavy.

Sure part of that was a general disaffection with the status quo, but there were areas where the DiNO pressure could be seen.

The Critters now know we're here, not leaving and aware, and that was the basic point (to be built on).

People need to remember that nothing in this state will be change just because we want it, or quickly... at least not without a continuum or pressure and involvement.

Not directed at anyone in particular, but... Anyone not willing to dig in and try deserves the government they get.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It worked better in some districts, less so in others. But it worked.

Even in some areas where there was no change in seats, the vote counts were decidedly less D-heavy.

Sure part of that was a general disaffection with the status quo, but there were areas where the DiNO pressure could be seen.

The Critters now know we're here, not leaving and aware, and that was the basic point (to be built on).

People need to remember that nothing in this state will be change just because we want it, or quickly... at least not without a continuum or pressure and involvement.

Not directed at anyone in particular, but... Anyone not willing to dig in and try deserves the government they get.

A lot of D's are looking at those numbers and getting a message, even if they won they study the numbers. So how often does voting in the Republican primary make any difference at all? Much better to cast a conservative vote in the Democratic primary, the Republicans don't even run people for some offices.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Anyone on these boards who considers voting for any democrat needs to have their head examined. Why would you intentionally vote for a person in a party that opposes your right to own firearms? That's just stupid..

Not really. Obviously if you live in a district with a competitive Republican primary, DINO doesn't make sense, but if you live in a district where there is only 1 Republican running (or even no Republican running) you really don't have much voice. You can vote against the incumbent and remove them. Yes, you may elect another anti-2A democrat, but they won't have the political influence that a senior delegate or senator has. Removing an established politician usually sends waves.

I switched back. The whole DINO thing was an epic fail last election.

Oh yes, we didn't achieve 100% of what we want instantly, so give up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom