• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    OK, I'll move to here from the old thread :)

This one's a little rough with finish wear and "patina" but that's just extrapolating from the dark pics. Maybe $500-600, really nice ones are selling close to 1k right now - but it depends what S/N range, features etc. (3-lever high-polish up to F block will be in the $1500+ range, for instance). Patience and you may find a much nicer one... but for a shooter at $500 you'd be A-OK. The mags are $150-$200.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    OK, I'll move to here from the old thread :)

This one's a little rough with finish wear and "patina" but that's just extrapolating from the dark pics. Maybe $500-600, really nice ones are selling close to 1k right now - but it depends what S/N range, features etc. (3-lever high-polish up to F block will be in the $1500+ range, for instance). Patience and you may find a much nicer one... but for a shooter at $500 you'd be A-OK. The mags are $150-$200.

yeah I moved it as you were replying. sorry bout that :o I appreciate your reply, twice...

This one looks a bit better, def matching too but a bit more $$
    I was trying to stay around $500 for a good looking shooter. I dont want a trashed example but I also dont want something Im afraid to devalue if I shoot it to much. or at all.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=391515994

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Nazi-marked ones are relatively easy to find. I have no interest in those. I'm actively looking for a nice pre-Nazi wz.35. Prices are all over the place, from hundreds to thousands, so be careful since overpricing is a big risk. Most Radom firearms sell for a premium.

Jul 1, 2012
    ... I'm actively looking for a nice pre-Nazi wz.35. Prices are all over the place, from hundreds to thousands, so be careful since overpricing is a big risk....

Lately I've seen high-condition pre-war Polish examples consistently in the $3500-4200 range with rough or refinished ones around $2000-2500. The dag-gone correct G2 -marked mags themselves sell for $400-600 each. I would say grab any pre-war you can find under 1k ...

Late-war with BNZ -marked slides are quite rare and also very expensive - there are fakes out there. The late-war phosphate / wood grip guns (mostly K block) are almost always over $2k. In reality a price of $800-$1k or more is well in line with P.38's, and very affordable compared to most PPK's, Lugers, and 1911's - in short the Radom is probably still under-valued but expect to see the price rise sharply for nice ones in the near future. Already seems to be up about 20% from a year or so ago on average...

but I admit I don't have the hunting super-powers that some of you other guys around here possess :)

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    I'm on the lookout for an early polish version also but there are some others I'm interested in, there's a lot of Radom variants indeed.

What's the story on the seller w "the gray blanket"? Lol... He seems to have a lot of nazi stuff for sale from rifles to flags and everything in between.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    I'm on the lookout for an early polish version also but there are some others I'm interested in, there's a lot of Radom variants indeed.

What's the story on the seller w "the gray blanket"? Lol... He seems to have a lot of nazi stuff for sale from rifles to flags and everything in between.

Gray blanket guy is quite well known in the collecting community...if you google his user ID you will find quite a few opinions of him and his sales tactics. He does always seem to have an endless stream of relatively high condition or uncommon guns on his auctions, some appear to be nice, but there are also claims of shill bidding and dishonest if not outright lies in his descriptions. For whatever reason he has earned a following though and his items almost always sell above market value. I've never bid on any of his items personally, as I've seen too much hard evidence presented against his typical claims of "untouched and never messed with in any way".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom