• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike444

About to be a CZ guy
    Dec 30, 2012
    Parkton
    Don't filet me too much as I did search around both on Google and this site before posting...

I bought my Army ROTC son a Remington 700 CDL 30-06 for Christmas and looking to shoot past 200 yards at Hap Baker.

Any suggestions? Thx - Mike

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Exactly what I thought. And it's worth the drive!
    Also worth it to call before you drive out...just to make sure

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Don't filet me too much as I did search around both on Google and this site before posting...

I bought my Army ROTC son a Remington 700 CDL 30-06 for Christmas and looking to shoot past 200 yards at Hap Baker.

Any suggestions? Thx - Mike
    Hap Baker range is limited to 200 yards. No bueno for “past 200”.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg

A number of the pics on the Meade site are of the AGC 200yd range. Does anyone even get to use the 600yd range at Ft. Meade anymore?

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    A number of the pics on the Meade site are of the AGC 200yd range. Does anyone even get to use the 600yd range at Ft. Meade anymore?
    You can look up the ft Meade gun club calendars and they don't seem to open up range 1 (the 600 yard range). I have been watching their sites and just don't see it on there.

Your best bet for an open range day is Delmarva or peacemaker on one of their open days. If your son has never shot beyond 200, go to Delmarva and they have 300 and 500. They have steel and a few more things to shoot to keep it fun like bowling pins.

There are other places that go longer, but are private. You need to know someone out become a member to shoot there and some of the wait-list are long.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    You can look up the ft Meade gun club calendars and they don't seem to open up range 1 (the 600 yard range). I have been watching their sites and just don't see it on there.

Your best bet for an open range day is Delmarva or peacemaker on one of their open days. If your son has never shot beyond 200, go to Delmarva and they have 300 and 500. They have steel and a few more things to shoot to keep it fun like bowling pins.

There are other places that go longer, but are private. You need to know someone out become a member to shoot there and some of the wait-list are long.
    The OP is the one with the son. I used to shoot the across the course matches at Ft. Meade many years ago. Finished going Distinguished there in 2003. It would be nice to be able to use range 1 again but, there are certain elements that control the range and from what I am told, violate the public use requirement.

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    Absolutely nothing on their site about open to public or non-members, or how to become a member. Any other resources for this information?
    I called and checked it out. You need to go to a shooting event there. Talk to some members and get someone to basically sponsor you. Then you can fill out application to join.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Delmarva sporting clays has up to a 300 yard range and for an additional cost, you can shoot on there 500 yard range. That seems to be the closest pubic location with a range over 200 yards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom