• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boatme99

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2010
    Mid-Tenn.
    Does Md. require a permit to use state ranges? Private?
    If so, how would an out of stater obtain one for a single days use?
    Inquiring minds, you know.

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    The Public Range in N.E. is $10 a day or $50 a year for a Permit. $25 if you are over 62. Have Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Archery.
    Very nice place, I my opinion very well worth the small fee to help with upkeep.

I feel safe taking the Wife and Kids there, most everyone follows the safety rules without a Range Officer breathing down your neck although you still get the occasional cowboy.

Eddie O

obiii

Jun 2, 2010
    Allegany County, MD
    In Western Maryland, the DNR charges $5.00 per day per person(the ranges I know of), $25.00 for a year. Only thing required is to go the the DNR office nearest the range and pay your money.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    I've used the range at Green Ridge State Forest a couple of times. It's very simple. While we're registering for our campsite at the visitor's center, we also mention that we want to use their range, and I think it's something like $5 per person for a one day permit. They even sell targets there for $0.25 each. And all of the state employees there are really nice. It doesn't matter what state you're from, you just have to pay up.

bulletbill

Agent provocateur
    Dec 31, 2008
    SW FL
    The Public Range in N.E. is $10 a day or $50 a year for a Permit. $25 if you are over 62. Have Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Archery.
    Very nice place, I my opinion very well worth the small fee to help with upkeep.

I feel safe taking the Wife and Kids there, most everyone follows the safety rules without a Range Officer breathing down your neck although you still get the occasional cowboy.

Eddie O

New England is a bit far of a drive just to go shooting isn't it? It is also very broad in location.... I mean just look at the size of the territory you're looking at. Or did you add an extra period there and really mean Nebraska, in which case that's an even longer drive. More than I'd be willing to make just to use a range. Now hunting that's a different story but range use... nah...

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head

It will only cost you a $125.00 fine if you don't have the required range permit and they will also give you a nice little ticket that states you were "Trespassing On State Owned Property".

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    It will only cost you a $125.00 fine if you don't have the required range permit and they will also give you a nice little ticket that states you were "Trespassing On State Owned Property".

But, but the citizen's are the "state" so i am tresspassing on my own land :confused:

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    bulletbill said:
    New England is a bit far of a drive just to go shooting isn't it? It is also very broad in location.... I mean just look at the size of the territory you're looking at. Or did you add an extra period there and really mean Nebraska, in which case that's an even longer drive. More than I'd be willing to make just to use a range. Now hunting that's a different story but range use... nah...

There is a town called North East in this lovely state.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Most private clubs require membership, or be a guest of member.
    Privately owned, open to the public ranges, walk in , pay posted hourly rate.

bulletbill

Agent provocateur
    Dec 31, 2008
    SW FL
    Hmmm the way I was tought to read directions NE was North East, SW was South west etc. N.E. was always New England. But hey I aint from here man I'm from like Pittsburg man.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    There is a town called North East in this lovely state.
    Well North East is north and slightly east of Centerville.

For Myrtle Grove public DNR range you have to have your permit before you go. You cannot by a permit there. I assume that is the MD standard, but I have not checked. IMHO MG beats the pants off the $600 per first year membership of the local private club.

If you have a printer you can buy the permit online from out of state. Very simple process.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Technically, you are correct. Taken in context, however, and being from the area, some of us fellow Ceciltuckians knew what he meant. :D

I originally from North of the Mason-Dixon Line and I knew.

(I used to drive to Philly 50-100 times a year, while living here, and saw the signs. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom