• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    What is the closest range to Kent Island where I can go without being a member to sight in my sons rifle?

Just added a Boyd stock to my sons 795 and with the in and out of the action etc I need to re-sight the gun.

Thanks.

itsatrap

Jan 6, 2011
    MoCo
    I would think this is the closest, I was just there today, great range. Its just over the Vienna bridge between Vienna and Mardella

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    yeah you can shoot any pistol cal in a rifle at on target but the table is so low and too short to set anything dowb, you have to mshoot off hand ... and it is only 50 feet.

Went to Delmarva today for the first time, had lots of fun. Of course the Marlin did not work. My guess is because I shimmied the receiver to get the slack out of it that the trigger does not reach the sear ... need to investigate. My daughter shoot the P22 until it was smoking .... I think she did 5 sets of 5 mags each, free standing, very nice.

The PF-9 continues to have issues, light primer strike, failure to feed and showing a long sxratch on top of the next round in the mag, failure to go into battery, and finally a failure to eject/stove pipe .... time for a gun smith.

Delmarva is just ... I don't know how to discribe it, "very nostalgic" that store just throws you back in time, loved it, definitely will be back ... it is an hour from my house.

IMG_1054.jpg

Last edited:

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Del Marva is awesome and the way it should be in my opinion... Unfortunately few places like this still exist.

Mark

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    My daughter is 7, she had a blast. Good with the trigger finger now, does not touch until she is on target and said she is ready. Need to of course stand right behind her to avoid the occasional turning with gun in hand if there is a problem. Does not happened often but once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom