• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    That's been the whole idea all along... say shotguns are OK, then chip away at that. Slowly, slowly, slowly, until nothing is left.

And this is why people complain that the NRA is "hard-headed" and not concerned about doing a single thing to stop gun violence. They know the game plan of the libtards. Give something up, and they take the next step to take away more.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Just wait for the lawsuit they'll bring against the gun store that sold the Columbia Mall lunatic the Mossberg. That outta send the requisite chill through every gun dealer in Maryland.
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Good.

Anyone remember how nervous Omalley got when that one part of SB281 that would have prevented an 18 year old from hunting was exposed?

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Hmm, Frosh's comment here contradicts Frosh's claims from that Balt Sun article re: there was "no energy" for more anti-gunowner laws. Double-speak = I am shocked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Complete stupidity. I bought my first shotgun when I turned 18. Plus, he had the thing for about 45 days before doing this. A 7 day "cool down" period would not work.

When they are done screwing around with gun laws, they might actually take a look at trying to address mental illness. Thing is, it is much more costly to address mental illness and the topic isn't quite as "sexy" and pandering to the liberal masses as "gun control".

2n3904

Dec 26, 2012
    MoCo
    FTA: "I would like us to do whatever we can," said State Sen. Jamie Raskin, also a Democrat representing Montgomery County and a supporter of the new law[...]

Naw, you should just sit on your laptop and play chess man. Don't get involved on this one. :mad54:

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    That's been the whole idea all along... say shotguns are OK, then chip away at that. Slowly, slowly, slowly, until nothing is left.

And this is why people complain that the NRA is "hard-headed" and not concerned about doing a single thing to stop gun violence. They know the game plan of the libtards. Give something up, and they take the next step to take away more.

You're spot on sadly, and these politicians using tragedy (as they always do) makes me sick.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Complete stupidity. I bought my first shotgun when I turned 18. Plus, he had the thing for about 45 days before doing this. A 7 day "cool down" period would not work.

When they are done screwing around with gun laws, they might actually take a look at trying to address mental illness. Thing is, it is much more costly to address mental illness and the topic isn't quite as "sexy" and pandering to the liberal masses as "gun control".

They wouldn't bother messing with waiting periods. Probably like to tie all gun sales to the HQL.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    FTA: "I would like us to do whatever we can," said State Sen. Jamie Raskin, also a Democrat representing Montgomery County and a supporter of the new law[...]

Naw, you should just sit on your laptop and play chess man. Don't get involved on this one. :mad54:

Every time Sir Jamie opens his yap, someone should post THIS on his Facebook page or as a comment to whatever article he's quoted in.

Having such disregard for doing his job that taxpayers pay him to do, he should given ZERO credibility for his public pronouncements.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    First they came for then machine guns
    Then they came for the semi automatics
    Now, they are coming for the shotguns

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Ironically in a roundabout way I hope something like this passes. Maybe it will get the 'frogs' who are content to sit in the pot while the heat increases to take serious action.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    What's wrong with these idiots who every time someone does something wrong their first thought is "If only we could pass one more law, people will stop doing bad things" :sad20:

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    And who here honestly thought they would stop at sb281 and regulated long guns,one step at a time then you wonder how it got here,I still remember people telling us at the big rally in Annapolis to be nice,respectful,don't display the come and take it flags etc,and exactly how has that worked out for us? Now its a shotgun they are talking about.as johny cash sang "one piece at a time,and it didn't cost me a dime"

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    And who here honestly thought they would stop at sb281 and regulated long guns,one step at a time then you wonder how it got here,I still remember people telling us at the big rally in Annapolis to be nice,respectful,don't display the come and take it flags etc,and exactly how has that worked out for us? Now its a shotgun they are talking about.as johny cash sang "one piece at a time,and it didn't cost me a dime"

Yep. Nice guys finish last.:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom