• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    It depends on what you are loading. I used to have the original Lyman but it quit on me after a number of years. The drawback was that it would not handle small flake powders like Win 296 well. The RCBS seems to have less crevices for such powders to hide in. Overall, I liked the Lyman's design better even if it was made by Chicoms.

Then again the RCBS might be made by Chicoms. I don't think I looked and everything is. Well, I take that back, I know the Pact electronic powder measure that was sold by RCBS prior to the Chargemaster was made in the US.

Last edited:

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I only have the RCBS. It make reloading go a lot faster!
    The rounds that I have loaded have preformed well but I have only had for about 6 months. So far it is a good investment.

I have run H335 and IMR 4895 thru it.

Chris

GUNGUY45

Jan 27, 2009
    Western Berks Co. Pa.
    I have the Lyman, the newer ones have an improved hopper area, so you don't get powder "hiding" in them. Mine is the DPSII with the "speedup" upgrade.
    I use it for all of my rifle reloads, it's great, set it up, punch in the load, then just keep hitting start.

I have it about 3 years now.

DENWA

May 5, 2008
    In general I stay away from Lyman products. Their size/decapping Dies are fatally flawed, and they charge you for decapping pins that break way too often. Their primer uniforming tool is crude and their flash hole reamer is worthless.

for the price, the Lee dies are better and I've moved to the RCBS hand tools.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I have the Lyman, the newer ones have an improved hopper area, so you don't get powder "hiding" in them. Mine is the DPSII with the "speedup" upgrade.
    I use it for all of my rifle reloads, it's great, set it up, punch in the load, then just keep hitting start.

I have it about 3 years now.

I wasn't referring to the hopper. I had a problem with small flake powders getting between the "trickler" tube and the bushings that supported it. It would cause the tube to bind as it was turning.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    In general I stay away from Lyman products. Their size/decapping Dies are fatally flawed, and they charge you for decapping pins that break way too often. Their primer uniforming tool is crude and their flash hole reamer is worthless.

for the price, the Lee dies are better and I've moved to the RCBS hand tools.

?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom