• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Anyone have one of these? Do you like it? Do you use it often?

I have been looking for a single stage as a back up to my Hornady AP for a while, never got around to buying one and then started looking again last week. I had settled on the Lyman Brass Smith Ideal or Victory, neither of which are in stock obviously.

RCBS sent a holiday shipping guide email out which lead to me checking their website. They have the Partner and Rebel presses in stock. Not wanting to spend too much money since I still want one of the Lyman presses, the Partner seemed like a reasonable purchase for now. $105 and free shipping that will get it here by Christmas seems like a deal. There aren’t many good YouTube videos on it that I have found, so I figured I’d ask everyone’s opinion.

It might not stay around after I get the Lyman or might be relegated to specific tasks like depriming, but I figure better to have it since Lyman can only give an ETA of first quarter 2021.

The Rebel would have been a better choice so I could use the lock and load bushings in it with a conversion, but I see myself sitting down to do one task at a time so quick change isn’t really necessary. Plus the Lyman’s don’t support it either.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I would definitely buy a used Rockchucker, before I bought a new Partner press. The Rockchucker is far heavier and stronger, is capable of tougher swaging and case forming tasks, and it will last longer than you will. IMO, this one isn't close, and one of those instances where used but better built can serve you better than new of lesser quality. Good Luck!

Hippy

Mar 11, 2008
    Frostburg Md
    I have both the Reloader Special and Rock Crusher is HEAVY duty although the Reloader special has never left me down I use it primarily for loading @ the Range

Jim

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    The RCBS Partner press is actually pretty good! One of those items that you actually will get more than your moneys worth from it. I used mine for over 20 years and still use it for priming cases. Precision Shooting magazine did a test of reloading presses and the RCBS Partner actually beat out almost all of the high end presses for uniformity of ammo. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again!

lim144

Jan 3, 2014
    Rockchucker will cam-over, if you want. RcBS primer pocket swager will pretty much work only with Rockchucker and much more difficult with partner press. I had an Reloader Special press too. Rockchucker Supreme press is worth extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom