• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Up until the last 3 or 4 months, whenever I read a thread it would go from bold to "not bold" print, so I could tell that there were no new posts. Every time I would refresh by going to the "new posts" link, the threads that I read would now be unbolded.

It doesn't do this anymore. Does anyone know why? I didn't change anything and I have read the information in the user help page. I am using a MacBook if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I would agree, but this has been months and I have no other problems with the forum.

I do realize you may have been making a joke, but I just wanted to put that out there.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Wow, I had to look it up but I learned how to do a screen shot on my Mac :thumbsup:
    Here is a screen shot of what I see now:
    Since I have already read these threads, when I refresh, the titles of the threads that I have read used to not be in bold text any longer. This made it easy to see if there were new posts since I last read them. Does that help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 11.36.30 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 11.36.30 PM.png
      10.8 KB · Views: 157

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Every now and then, going back a long time, I have the same problem for random threads. No matter how many times I go into it, it still shows unread when I refresh.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Are the New Posts updating properly or are they staying the same each time you go back to the New Posts area?

Jim Smith

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    New posts are updated, but the ones that I have read are still bold. I have pretty much resigned to the fact that I can do nothing about it. Not a huge deal, I just thought i was overlooking something that would be a simple fix. Thanks Jim.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Try one more thing for me. Go to your UserCP. Once there, down on the left hand side at the bottom, click on List Subscriptions. Are they all bolded?

Also make sure you are still Logged In. You may want to Log Out and Log In again to see if this would reset your stats.

Good Luck!
    Jim Smith

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Try one more thing for me. Go to your UserCP. Once there, down on the left hand side at the bottom, click on List Subscriptions. Are they all bolded?

Also make sure you are still Logged In. You may want to Log Out and Log In again to see if this would reset your stats.

Good Luck!
    Jim Smith

ON the user CP, and in my subscriptions, only one was in bold. Also when I go to the "forums" page and into the individual forums, the only ones in bold are ones that I haven't read. It is when I am on the home page, then "new posts" that they don't show unbolded after I have read them.

I did log out, close my browser and logged back in again and that made no difference.:banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom