• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Feb 28, 2013
    One other thing I am seeing. The Quick Reply box goes from side to side, the entire width of the page. It had been a much smaller box. Don't know if this is a scheduled change or something that needs attention.

I got that one too. Probably not a real big deal.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I just tried it with Microsoft Edge (bastard step son of IE on Windows 10), and I don't have the funky large smilies in the signatures. I suppose it is an incompatibility with Firefox 46.0? Wow.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I too am having problems with HUGE gif's in signatures. Same computer same time, Windows 7 works fine. Firefox shows huge gif's in signatures. I'll say again I like the new interface on my phone even though I don't use the phone for MDS online much. Android using Chrome not taptalk.

Attachments

• MDS Capture.jpg
      MDS Capture.jpg
      21.3 KB · Views: 336

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Same issue as others with embedded YT vids... they don't play unless you jump to YT to view them when using FF or Pale Moon on a windows pc. If I jump to my ipad and tapatalk it, seems to play fine.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Huge gif's seem to be related to windows, as using Pale Moon/FF on a pc, they are huuuge, but if I use firefox on my ipad, they appear normally sized.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Another issue I've noticed (Firefox 46.0) is that the columns on the forum view aren't sized well. The "Last Post" column is scrunched to the point of spacing out the lines unnecessarily. I've tried resizing the window, but it just gives more space to the thread name.

Attachments

• small_columns.jpg
      small_columns.jpg
      69.4 KB · Views: 291

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Another issue I've noticed (Firefox 46.0) is that the columns on the forum view aren't sized well. The "Last Post" column is scrunched to the point of spacing out the lines unnecessarily. I've tried resizing the window, but it just gives more space to the thread name.

I'm guessing the spacing problem you're seeing is part of what makes it more user friendly on a phone.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    That's looking okay on Pale Moon for me now, before it was like you are showing in your snip... Still see the huge gif's and images in sigs tho..

ETA... the first page formatting is fine for me now if I search no WC, but subsequent pages in the search preview are still spaced too tight on the last post column.. The results for all posts still looks too scrunched and wrapping there on all results pages.

Last edited:

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    You know, I'm not seeing any of the problems everyone else is reporting. But would everyone check something for me? When I go to send a PM, the page comes up fine, except the field where you are to type the title, I'm only getting about a 3 character field for the title. Could someone check to see if this is occurring for anyone else?

Please report any problems and your platform and browser. I'm using Windows 7 and IE 11.

Thanks!

There's a thread for this!!!

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=193023

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Having issues using my cell phone. No coloms to the right telling you most recent post also noticed no post count. I deleted all my cookies and tried to load website again but same thing. On my home computer everything looks about normal??

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Right now this changeover is like going from FM radio... back to AM radio for a while.

Get over the static because at least you've got signal.

Or would you prefer a blackout with Hollywood reveal next week?

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Right now this changeover is like going from FM radio... back to AM radio for a while.

Get over the static because at least you've got signal.

Or would you prefer a blackout with Hollywood reveal next week?

As I recall the transition to digital broadcast TV was very close to this in that during the transition, the digital channels were NOT broadcast on the regular frequency allotted to the particular station. The HD signals weren't as strong in one way or another, so there were problems with reception at the time (I'm an early adopter- started in 1999).

In other words and as an example, Channel 13's digital signal was not on the frequency for "channel 13" at first. It used UHF channels during the transition.

Once the transition was complete and the station in question turned off the analog signal and moved the digital signal to the station's regular frequency reception improved drastically.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom