• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    Well, so much for that. Accurate can't get them from anywhere, which really doesn't surprise me honestly and I was sort of wondering when he said at first he could order a Savage and get it in a week since everybody else was backordered. Everywhere online seems to be out of stock as well and won't even take orders. I really liked his shop last time and I would prefer to buy it there as he is semi-local but I just don't know if I can justify the price of the Encore he has in stock. By the time I put optics on it and buy another barrel to use it the way it was meant to be, I'm deep into four figures. I just feel like for that kinda money, I can get a muzzleloader, another pump shotgun and a cheaper rifle.

joemac

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2010
    West Point Va
    I was just at the Richmond VA Gander Mountain and they have a large selection of used guns. I didn't go to look at ML's but there were some there. It's a much nicer drive than going to Bass Pro in Baltimore and there is a Bass Pro 10 min from the Gander Mtn down there.

As far as ML's go I say if you want high end go with an Encore, like was stated before a basic model will do, no need to get the newest model. If you want basic, CVA fits the bill. I spent $125 last year and it kills just as dead as any other I've shot.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Dicks is just that...no customer service...they would try to sell you something just to sell it....Freds least is knowledgeable...ive seen higher prices at uppermarlboro gunshow..

Well, so much for that. Accurate can't get them from anywhere, which really doesn't surprise me honestly and I was sort of wondering when he said at first he could order a Savage and get it in a week since everybody else was backordered. Everywhere online seems to be out of stock as well and won't even take orders.
    There are eight on GunBroker right now. I bought mine from these guys:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=188869372

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    I have a TC Omega and it is my main meat wagon. I have dumped a lot of deer with that gun. I use 777 and it shoots great. Make sure you season it with bore butter. Since I did that I almost don't have to clean it between shots. Great gun. Don't know anyone who has bought an Encore who disliked it. Most love them. The single shot is what MZ is about. My cousins have the MZ barrel and the shotgun barrel, both shoot around 2" at 100 yards. Triggers are great too. Mine breaks around 3# no creap.

Vic

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I'm looking for a youth muzzleloader. I saw at the La Plata walMart a few eeks ago and it was a youth thumb hole, with camo stock and nickle barrel, I should have bought it but I passed, I assume it was made by CVA since that's all the seem to sell. Anybody familiar with these?

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    Looked high and low and ended up buying a T/C Encore off of Gunbroker for $530. It's lightly used but looks to be in great shape. It has a walnut stock which is what I ended up deciding I wanted due to weight of the heavy barrel to allow better balancing. My father in law has the same one and he likes it. I held my brother in laws Encore with synthetic stock and I just didn't like the balancing of it; it was too front heavy. I think it was a decent deal. My father in law paid $700 for his a few years back and the cheapest I can find locally is $800 and that's with the synthetic stock.

There is a dealer on Auction Arms that keeps listing brand new Encores with the 45/70 Govt barrel in stainless and black synthetic stock for $400, but I have no use for that barrel so I'd have to pick up a muzzleloader barrel and fore end, which is roughly $250-275 (used-new is over $400) and then hope I can sell the 45/70 Govt barrel. Then I'd still have to get the walnut stock and fore end, which is roughly $125 or so, even used. This scenario was too many maybe's for only a little bit of $ savings and I just got tired of looking really.

It's nearly impossible to find anyone with anything negative to say about the Encore, so hopefully I made the right decision. If not, seems like there is a healthy used market for them and I'll just sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom