Recommendations for arm-braced AR pistol upper, 5.56?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Question...I'm considering doing a braced AR pistol build on a lower I've had for years. This would be a suppressed gun, with the suppressor left on probably 80% of the time. 5.56. Any recommendations? Thoughts? No, I'm not interested in a new caliber. TIA.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Best price is probably a kit from PSA. This is in my near future as well, so I'm interested in other suggestions as well. I'm looking to do an 11.5 or 12" barrel, so I have decent velocity and accuracy. What are your parameters?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Attachments

• 3EF8EB55-6DBF-4A3E-8282-141322C8EE76.jpg
      3EF8EB55-6DBF-4A3E-8282-141322C8EE76.jpg
      51.4 KB · Views: 224

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Question...I'm considering doing a braced AR pistol build on a lower I've had for years. This would be a suppressed gun, with the suppressor left on probably 80% of the time. 5.56. Any recommendations? Thoughts?

Me, too. Last 2013 lower. I picked up a Criterion 10.3" barrel (Thanks, Chad, for the heads-up!); I also grabbed a VLTOR upper receiver several months ago, and an SB Tactical brace. I'll get an SLR adjustable gas block and the remaining parts as money trickles in.

10.5" barrel is about as short as you want to go for a suppressed 5.56. You can go considerably shorter in 300BO. . . or so I'm told. Adjustable gas block from SLR is top-drawer stuff, and the way to go for suppressed. It allows for proper gas adjustment so you can run suppressed and unsuppressed without screwing around with buffer weight etc.

Fl1p

May 25, 2020
    So the Daniel Defense MK18 upper suppressed nice when I played around with it. I know BCM and SOLGW make decent pistol length uppers.

I run a sig supressor on my sig M400 upper. There is no noticeable gas to my face while I’m shooting. But I don’t know if they make Pistol length uppers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom