Recommendations for consignment in/near Frederick?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hondo

Apr 23, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    I have a couple of rifles I'm looking to sell to fund the purchase of a Gen 2 Sub 2000. One is a Savage model 110 chambered in 30-06 in good condition, along a 3x9x32 scope and plastic case. The second is a like-new Gamo Whisper Silent Cat, .177 cal air rifle with a can of pellets.

I have neither the time or desire to sell direct, so I am looking for a place I can sell them on consignment, in or near Frederick. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    You could try Lou at Shooters Discount in Mount Airy but I'm not 100% on if he will accept consignment also there a gun store right in front of Lou's that should do consignment but I don't recall the name. It's on the corner about 1/2 mile from Shooters Discount......I think the 2nd spot might be the gun shack

http://www.crosswindoutdoors.com

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Gunrunners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He can be hard to find...

Just west of the library on the opposite side of the street there is a bagel shop.

Immediately To the left of the bagel shop there is a concrete sidewalk that leads due north to a building door.

Enter the door and go upstairs.

---
    Shamr0ck

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    He can be hard to find...

Just west of the library on the opposite side of the street there is a bagel shop.

Immediately To the left of the bagel shop there is a concrete sidewalk that leads due north to a building door.

Enter the door and go upstairs.

---
    Shamr0ck

LOL I actually found him easily the first time.... it was the parking that (or lack of it) that got me.... until I decided to use the parking garages and walk there.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    LOL I actually found him easily the first time.... it was the parking that (or lack of it) that got me.... until I decided to use the parking garages and walk there.

True dat!

Don't trifle with the meters. The city has a LOT to f parking enforcement. The bagel shop is my favorite place for breakfast/lunch - Rich runs a nice place, makes great coffee and has a nice variety of food. Best bagels too

---
    Shamr0ck

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

I have neither the time or desire to sell direct, so I am looking for a place I can sell them on consignment, in or near Frederick. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

I was like you - and used Gunrunners in downtown Frederick for a couple of recent consignment sales (I remember the rates to be more competitive than what I was quoted elsewhere - although can't tell you them off the top of my head). Sold a $600 bolt-action rifle and a $200 pistol through consignment there in the fall.

Btw, I had a scope there too (that was with the rifle) but that didn't sell. No big deal as I can use in the future.

Hondo

Apr 23, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    Do you recall how long it took for Gunrunners to sell your rifle? They would easily be the closest to me; however, I was concerned that they wouldn't get much traffic through there.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Gunrunners gets a good amount of foot traffic on weekends. Inventory is limited so nice pieces stand out. A nice consignment rifle could sell the first weekend it's there if the price is right.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Do you recall how long it took for Gunrunners to sell your rifle? They would easily be the closest to me; however, I was concerned that they wouldn't get much traffic through there.
    Two weeks/three weekends. Sold on a Saturday. Not a barn burner price either. Just discounted a bit from what one world pay new if on sale. It was in excellent condition.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom