• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmkungfu

Dec 26, 2021
    Shooting pistols only, 25 yards. Any recommended ranges? I have been to On Target but that's about it.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Cindy's Hot Shots, Glen Burnie. It's a really nice range with friendly staff, but there's almost always a wait.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Yeah on target and Cindy's are your best bet. There are more lanes at on target, if they're all open. Cindy's bought on target and both places are owned operated by the same people now and both now called Cindy's.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Yeah on target and Cindy's are your best bet. There are more lanes at on target, if they're all open. Cindy's bought on target and both places are owned operated by the same people now and both now called Cindy's.
    On Target is currently being renovated and is closed until Spring. Hence the longer wait times at Cindy's.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    On Target is currently being renovated and is closed until Spring. Hence the longer wait times at Cindy's.
    Cindy's in GB had long wait times even before OT was closed. That's one of the reasons I doubled down on getting setup to shoot at AGC.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I thought they had reopened already. Oops. Looks like the OP has one choice then.
    The second Cindy’s (old On Target) should be open for retail sales now. They are trying to have the range open by the end of February.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The second Cindy’s (old On Target) should be open for retail sales now. They are trying to have the range open by the end of February.
    I'll say this - I was never overly impressed with what OT had for sales in terms of tools, parts and accessories, and even though Cindy's front counter space was much smaller, they did a great job of stocking the kinds of things I wanted to see.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the floor space of OT - they have potential to do a lot of cool things with it. As a reloader, I'd like to see some supplies in that direction so that I have at least one other source other than Bass Pro for those kinds of things.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    OT use to be nice, but like the neighborhood it went downhill. I remember back when they had the whole left side setup for archery sales and service. In the last ten years or so I probably set foot in there once.

etc1006

Nov 19, 2014
    SW Balto County
    Cindys in GB is nice. The handful of times I went this summer/fall. Since they bought/closed OT, the wait has been longer. Lot seems always packed when I go by. The HVAC sucked during the summer in the range... The humidity was so bad, it looked like I jumped in a lake. Nice folks, clean facility, rest of customers seemed cool too. My Dad and I used to got OT when it was at the original location in GB at the old farmers market. He had a membership for years even until he passed in 17'. over the past 10 years or so I noticed OT getting waaaay run down. Even simple things like the switch for running the target out, a few were wired/installed backwards... I smacked myself in the face a couple times with the target... WTF, it's not that difficult to repair/install it properly... I hope Cindys makes it as nice as the setups in GB. And hopefully the new place on the books in MIllersville off Rt3 comes to fruition. We do need more indoor ranges...

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Cindys is cool. They have a target system that you can program to flip sideways and then present the targets at various timed intervals. It's fun to have the target flip back and forth and see how many hits you can make before it flips sideways again.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Good range- this morning though couldn’t even get parked when I tried to go up, unbelievably crowded for a Monday at 10:30 or so. Hope it alleviates a bit when the former OT opens. I let my AGC membership lapse for 2022 but at this rate may have to pick it back up.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Good range- this morning though couldn’t even get parked when I tried to go up, unbelievably crowded for a Monday at 10:30 or so. Hope it alleviates a bit when the former OT opens. I let my AGC membership lapse for 2022 but at this rate may have to pick it back up.
    Today is the holiday for most people. Most ranges were probably backed up all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom