Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    JoeBob's MPI/HPT BCG - for $159, IIRC.

Better deal, if you have 50 posts.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    IMO allowing back-orders and taking payment upfront=cash flowing the operations with customer's money but YMMV. A financially solvent company (IE, will be around a while) should be able to afford to pay for everything and take the customer's money at a later date if there is a delay.

IF they knew they were getting X amount of orders on X date, they should IMO just start selling them once they are in stock and ready to ship. It's not like they are able to ship anything now or prep anything to make shipping easier. All they are doing is having a stack of pre-paid BCG orders.

Manufacturers and their affiliated contractors miss ship dates constantly. Our last BCG batch of 1000 was about 6-10 weeks overdue on the 2 shipments we received of them. That's a tough pill to swallow for ourselves when we're tying up that cash flow, but we also didn't want to pass that onto customers to have an open ended "soon" answer.

$180 is a good price though, but you gotta pay for it in advance. It might be a good opportunity for those wanting a NiB BCG within the next few months at a fair price.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    What's a good price for an unknown BCG. I've said it about half a dozen things here on MDS, there is no point in paying a premium to a new company that makes just a few items. What happens if the item is a bust, in this case the BCG explodes within 50 shots. The company has no real skin in the game, no reputation to keep up, they have your money and that's it.

I have no issue buying from Joebob as I know he is going to source a good product, he's got a "Internet Clearing House" name to keep clean (too soon?), so he's not going to slap his name on shoddy products. And if something were to go wrong he'd make it right.

Same way I feel about a dozen other established players. But in the end it's only money, unless that BCG breaks on you when you need it most...

midboat

Jan 23, 2013
    JoeBob is still taking orders? motivation to move up to 50 :) Of course without spamming... i don't play that way. I just like to read alot and havent posted a bunch of comments!

MarylandDave

Nov 24, 2010
    PRM / HoCo
    JoeBob is still taking orders? motivation to move up to 50 :) Of course without spamming... i don't play that way. I just like to read alot and havent posted a bunch of comments!

I'm in the same boat. Been a member for a while, but just tend to read instead of contribute. Need to get to that 50 posts!

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I busted my ass to get over the hump so I could avail myself of the JoeBob deal and I did last night. Got two. Now I just gotta wait for the Engage lowers to come in then the MDSP wait. By that time we're probably looking at years. I figure they'll be antiques by the time all that happens and I source parts to build several different uppers. Anyway, I got two.

Chevy9900

Mar 19, 2013
    I realize its probably not possible but it's too bad the guys at engage can't let people who have pre-ordered go in and fill out the paperwork in advance. I am sure they must know what serial numbers they are getting in. I'm not sure what would happen if they filled out paperwork on lowers that aren't in stock yet or if they didn't get in the expected serial numbers...... I don't know how hard it would be to correct.

ACMAN

Jan 24, 2011
    Maryland
    I'm pretty sure that I am in on the 1st round to expected to ship. Hopefully they will ship near the 4/1 date.
    I'll post pics when it arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom