• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • REDCELL

May 3, 2005
    Parkville Md
    Great idea o have a Maryland site.. I think the Moderator needs to cut it down to like 5 main forums here. Its not many of us here.. Its easier to find eah others posts.. just a thought. otherwise Lets try to promote this site, its a good idea.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    The extra categories are an experiment and I think he is planning on thinning it out after he sees which ones get used. If you want a quick way to see the current posts, I go to the "Forums Home" line in the Forum Jump at the bottom of the page. The list of categories is still long, but the new posts are easy to find right now and it will give the time of the last post in a thread.

Are you the same REDCELL from TFL? I don't think I am quite the right one to welcome you to Mdshooter because I am brand new as well, but welcome to Mdshooter :)

REDCELL

May 3, 2005
    Parkville Md
    Ya its me from FLF. my name is Jason. I'd like to see this forum pick up but it doens't seem like alot of maryland shooter do the 'forum' thing.
    I just went to White Marsh arms tonight trying to get myself a CZ 97 B.. what a pain its like no one can get this thing cause of that stupid shell casing law. They said they would call me tommorrow. I'm trading in my Springfield 1911 i think, unless i can find someone to buy it.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    The forum is just days old now, give it time. Google doesn't even return a search for Mdshooter yet, but it will in a few weeks. We also should tell other shooters in Md that we see at ranges and gunshops about this forum and maybe it will spread by word of mouth. Apparently it isn't just for Md shooters either and it is for all the states around as well.

I would be interested in your 1911 but I am just buying C&R pistols right now untill I can get this B.S. straightened out with NICS. (I have a C&R FFL). Besides, Md asks too many very personal questions on their handgun forms.

I am not sure about the Cz 97 B and the ballistics sample law. Is it the manufacturers that do not want to submit a shell casing? Maybe it is the internal lock law that they do not want to comply with. Apparently there is now a way around the "lock law".

What is special about that CZ 97 B? (beside being well made?) I know nothing of modern CZ's.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Welcome to the forum REDCELL! I think that there is a respectable amount of MD shooters that are regulars to various forums around the net. There is another Yahoo based forum for MD AR-15 shooters that has over 7000 posts, and that is a site dedicated just to people interested in AR-15s in the state of Maryland. This site has been up 1 week, and in my opinion it is off to a good start, as it isn't even showing up on the search engines yet. Give it some time and I think it will be a busy forum.

As far as the categories, novus collectus is correct. I am feeling out the community, and if I see forums that either get no attention, or are redundant, I will remove them. Whether anyone notices or not, I make changes everyday.

Spread the word to all your friends that are shooters, and I think this could become a strong community. Maryland definitely needs it, as our rights as gun owners are constantly under assault.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    REDCELL said:
    Ya its me from FLF. my name is Jason. I'd like to see this forum pick up but it doens't seem like alot of maryland shooter do the 'forum' thing.
    I just went to White Marsh arms tonight trying to get myself a CZ 97 B.. what a pain its like no one can get this thing cause of that stupid shell casing law. They said they would call me tommorrow. I'm trading in my Springfield 1911 i think, unless i can find someone to buy it.
    white marsh arms is overpriced. i recommend making a trip around the beltway to Harford Road and deal with Valley Gun. they were able to find me a brand new in box CZ 75 P-01 which i also thought was impossible to get in MD due to the fired shell casing law. Valley Gun's distributor apparently knows they can add "FC" (fired case) to their order code and get CZ's shipped with the obligatory fired shell casing.

look them up online, i've forgotten the phone number. email celebshooter@aol.com and ask for Sandy Abrahms. very good man. he's the shop owner. very fast, efficient, and fair with me. their ammo prices are also a couple dollars cheaper than white marsh. it's worth the trip if you're not buying in bulk from natchez or cabelas.

go 695 toward essex, take exit 31A Harford Road (south). go one mile and look for Valley Gun on the left side of the road on the corner of that intersection. i'm sorry, i've forgotten the cross road, but it's hard to miss cuz the shop has tons of gun manufacturer posters all over their storefront window :) happy hunting for your 97B!! i hope Sandy can get it for you as easily as he found my P-01 !!

and yes there is a way around the internal locking mechanism requirement... my P-01 came with a cable lock. no internal lock present on the gun. it's a wonderful thing :) when you get that 97B let me know so we can shoot side by side at Continental Arms or the landfill in Carroll County with our no-locking-mechanism-MD-compliant CZs :party29:

Last edited:

snake guy

Apr 28, 2005
    Butcher:

Thanks for the information on Valley Guns. I gather you thought their prices were ok? Can you tell us what you paid for the CZ? It would be nice to find a place that is not overpriced. Also, I thought they were going out of business, as they had a sign up to that effect at a gun show a couple of months back.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    yea i paid $550 for it. i couldnt get any lower because it was the only dealer in a 100 mile radius who could find me that MD compliant P-01. CZ USA lists the MSRP as $586

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    REDCELL said:
    .. I think the Moderator needs to cut it down to like 5 main forums here. Its not many of us here.. Its easier to find eah others posts.. just a thought.

Another quick way of viewing new posts is the 'New Posts' link in the top menu bar. Click that and it will show you a list of only posts that were created since your last visit. Of course you have to be logged in for this feature to work.

snake guy

Apr 28, 2005
    Butcher said:
    yea i paid $550 for it. i couldnt get any lower because it was the only dealer in a 100 mile radius who could find me that MD compliant P-01. CZ USA lists the MSRP as $586

Butcher:

Thanks! I'm looking for a S&W 908 or 5903 right now and will call Sandy on this to see what he can do.

snake guy

Apr 28, 2005
    Went to Valley Arms today. The staff (Sandy) was helpful and it was an enjoyable experience. Indeed, I had an experience much like Butcher's. In my case, other gun shops had told me you could not order a Browning Buckmark in MD as Browning would not provide a fired case. Turns out that is not true and you can get them here (for list price). I don't know if the other shop did not know or just flat out lied to me.

On the downside, prices for the two S&W I looked at were straight MSRP. I can do much better on line, but hope Valley can come down at midway between MSRP and the on-line shops, as I'd like to support local shops.

REDCELL

May 3, 2005
    Parkville Md
    Ive never liked Valley Gun, They have always acted like they are too good to answer your questions, or to be friendly. I don't like people that can't look me in the eye when talking to me. Valley has always demonstrated a egosticstical attitude that leaves me usually pisesed off. They don't have a discussion with you its more like a 2 minute classroom lesson. I hav only bought one handgun from them, and i paid msrp like a jerk. But they were the only ones that had it, but i had to go through 3 people there(3 different stories on why i could or couldn't get it.) Sorry to sound so angry against them, but i am giving the hundreds of dollars for a product i expect more.

REDCELL

May 3, 2005
    Parkville Md
    Try OC Outdoors in Dundalk, Jim says he has the best prices in MAryland, they usually have one of the most extensive tables ta the gun-shows. unlike Valley who bring 3 guns and like 2 tons of crap($1 knives, bb-shooters, and other junk i can't even look at)

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    "Thank you for sending us customers, I appreciate it.

Sandy Abrams

PS: If your friend buys an S&W handgun this month, he will receive a free S&W tactical knife."

-email i got back from Sandy about the CZ 97B and the S&W's

REDCELL

May 3, 2005
    Parkville Md
    When i was looking for my CZ83, i called and got some other guy there, said no way could he get an 83, so i called back the next day and Abrams said sure he had 3 of them. So when i was looking for the 97B i got the old song and dance about them not having any distributer that has any of them and probably won't. I won't come down to hard cause most gunshops seem to have half of their employees in the dark as too how much or if something is avaiable..

Oh and that knife is worth like 10.00

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    ok we get it, you had a bad experience there... i minimized my contact with the other employees and dealt almost exclusively with Sandy cuz he's the president and knows better than anyone there.

REDCELL

May 3, 2005
    Parkville Md
    Sorry Butcher, i've had a bad last 2 weeks trying to get this 97B. It just really frustrated me these gunshops locally. I get fired up sometimes man. Thats why i wish there was a 'SWAT' killhouse that i could play airsoft at.. great tenion reliever. Anyway Hows that P01 shoot. I was thinking about gtting that one too, it looks like a very similar frame to the 97B. I've become a CZ junkie. I used to think Hk was the darkside..Glocks being the oppisite. But Cz making an impression

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    the P-01 shoots great! i was planning on shootin today, but woke up too late for the pin shoot tournament at Continental (it was today, wasnt it?... or is it next Sunday?) so i just rolled over and went back to sleep. probably takin a break with the P-01 til i can buy my CZ 452. already got a scope, and deciding what bipod to get. gotta agree about CZ though, they shoot great and feel amazing in my hands. HK sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom