• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    MDS MEMBERS,

Our allies in Annapolis are reporting to us that they are being slammed with calls and emails and we want to thank you and our friends at MSI, AGC and others for helping to facilitate that. However, they also report that the names of those contacting them are frequently checked against registered voter lists and they are shocked at how many people are not even registered to vote. Put simply their message is that if you are not registered to vote, your opinion may and will be safely ignored.

So, we're going to make this easy for you.

How to register to vote in Maryland

Online Voter Registration

If you're not sure if you're registered, click Here for registration search.

You've just spent more time reading this than it will take you to sign up. We need your voice in Annapolis AND your vote in the elections. Someone that lives here is a resident, someone that lives here and votes is a citizen.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    However, they also report that the names of those contacting them are frequently checked against registered voter lists and they are shocked at how many people are not even registered to vote.

Huh, I didn't know Sarah Brady, Bloomberg and their ilk were registered Maryland voters but they seem to listen to them.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    That's irrelevant

What is relevant is making our voice strong and true.

Politicians in Annapolis of both parties get off on the power of being there. Nothing scares them more than the REAL possibility of being sent home with the rest of us ordinary folk.

If they don't do what the public wants WE CAN SEIZE POWER FROM THEM, but it requires registered voters, not internet whiners

sfchoffman

Full Battle Rattle
    Feb 18, 2013
    Huh, I didn't know Sarah Brady, Bloomberg and their ilk were registered Maryland voters but they seem to listen to them.

Thats because thier registration is in the form of money !

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    There is NO excuse not to be registered to vote. At all. People have fought and died for this right. If you don't vote you have no right to bitch and complain about anything at all. :mad54: You deserve everything that comes to you.

This thread caught me by surprise. I thought for sure everyone here would at least exercise the right to vote. :sad20:

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    I even added a screen on the mail tool at mdwontforget.com, when a party affiliation is selected as "unaffiliated" there is a follow up screen with a large font message and a link to get registered.

Any MSI or MDS voter registration drives scheduled? If so, I will be happy to volunteer to help.

Mark

spfrazierjr

Mar 1, 2013
    I just turned 18 in January and registered to vote, as well as for the selective service. I'm doing my part, the politicians in office should do theirs and uphold the constitution.

Scott Jr

SeeKaptain

I will support and defend
    Mar 3, 2013
    St. Mary's Co., Md
    REGISTER!!!!!!!

Why would anyone with any intelligence think a politician is going to listen to their opinion when that person is not registered to vote. By not voting you have already allowed him to win his "support vote" and you are no threat to him in anything he wants to do. You have absolutely no right to do anything but whimper. You lost before the vote was ever taken. :mad54:

These are your RIGHTS, not privileges, that O'Malley and his goons are trying to take away from you. Don't you care enough to defend them? REGISTER to vote!!!! I promise you won't regret it and someday your vote may be the one vote that makes a difference. Then you'll have a new right; the right to BITCH out loud about the leadership in our state and our country.
    :patriot:

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Why would anyone with any intelligence think a politician is going to listen to their opinion when that person is not registered to vote. By not voting you have already allowed him to win his "support vote" and you are no threat to him in anything he wants to do. You have absolutely no right to do anything but whimper. You lost before the vote was ever taken. :mad54:

These are your RIGHTS, not privileges, that O'Malley and his goons are trying to take away from you. Don't you care enough to defend them? REGISTER to vote!!!! I promise you won't regret it and someday your vote may be the one vote that makes a difference. Then you'll have a new right; the right to BITCH out loud about the leadership in our state and our country.
    :patriot:

What he said! The Feds and blue states are supporting the incremental reduction in rights.

This is apparent in HR374 which makes protesting IVO secret service illegal whether you know they are there or not (unless the person they are protecting agrees with the protest)

The new proposed gun laws at both the federal and state level.

This UAV and bypassing the judicial process promised by the constitution issue just absolutely killed me. The FED GOVT has 5 different definitions of a terrorist (I have not heard anyone mention this yet) so whose definition applied, did I get to select which definition depending on the situation or worst yet, could I mix and match parts of each definition? DOD is not the only ones with an interest in UAV's, DOE also has a huge interest.

Your amended rights 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 11 have all been infringed or called into question. The approach for this is what I called an incremental approach. We have seen this many times in the military (Drugs, alcohol, gays and training to name a few (and not that I have problem with any of them, they serve only as examples). The military has been great for many decades on big issues and establishing reform by putting a noose around your neck and applying light pressure, when this becomes status quo, they apply a little more pressure until that becomes status quo (and repeat (and this is also metaphoric)). This is an excellent method for effecting change on issues that would otherwise create hate and discontent.

This is the approach of the federal and many of the state governments right now. Restrict, peace, restrict, peace until the end goal can be reasonably achieved.

With all that said, this is not a pro-fanatic, let’s go take the house type post, quite the opposite. Your voice is your power; your vote is your power. Make both of them work for you peacefully and RESPECTFULLY.

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    now a DINO...I think I need to go drink something to get this nasty taste out of my mouth

Mike G

Feb 10, 2013
    Something to consider:

As we live in 'Merryland', even if you might have strong independent or conservative feelings, to have a voice, you may want to register as a democrat. Please note it is illegal to register to sabotage a party, but you do have a right to express your opinion.

Do as you must, but I feel the only way I can have a chance at getting candidates who have my views elected I need to have a voice in the primaries.

Still slim to no chance in this state.

Mike G

Feb 10, 2013
    For what it is worth, I just changed from independent to democrat just for this reason. Seems Cardin and Mikulski don't value my vote otherwise...

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    This is a great idea. A lead member of a Rifle and Pistol club discussed this with several of us (including our own Minuteman) this Sunday. I just registered as a Democrat and am now faxing this (with printed proof of my NEW online registration change) to all of my elected officials. Each in my district is a Democrat. As you can see, I chose not to be bashful about the reason for my change.

Subject: Gun Safety Bill (Disarmament Bill)
    In order to be certain my vote will have an impact, today I am joining a movement of Second Amendment advocates and registered as a Democrat—you might soon hear more of this. I am a resident, recently retired from the United States Air Force, and a law abiding gun owner who has never robbed, assaulted or killed anyone. My right to defend myself and my family, without cost-prohibitive, restrictive and onerous legislation, will be my primary concern during any future election.

This Disarmament bill is, with deceptive intent, misnamed a “gun safety” bill. Common sense tells us gun safety is taught at the range. Deception became more obvious when I attended the House and Senate hearings and witnessed a coordinated effort to ignore Maryland constituents. Thousands took time off to speak out against this Disarmament bill; only a handful appeared to voice support. Still, Maryland politicians proved that they are not in office to serve the will of the people but only to serve political aspirations. I stood with friends in the office of one Maryland representative and heard Senator Brian Frosh, over a speaker phone, inform representatives that those opposing this bill far outnumbered those supporting it. He added that he would, therefore, allow bill supporters 1 hour to speak and the opposition the same, with the expressed intent of hearing “all” bill supporters.

Therefore, I will waste no time attempting to point out logical failings or argue the countless facts already ignored. For no other purpose than political agendas, this Disarmament bill seeks to embolden and give comfort to the countless catch-and-release criminals already enjoying comparatively free reign over politically disarmed Maryland victims. Instead, I will only make clear that I hope we can work together and respectfully ask that you fully reject every aspect of this bill, and I will vote accordingly.

Last edited:

Andrew White

Mar 13, 2013
    SoMD
    now a DINO...I think I need to go drink something to get this nasty taste out of my mouth

Pardon my ignorance...but what is a "DINO"? I'm drawing a few conclusions from what I'm reading in the post but...?

I'm a new MD resident, after retiring from the Navy and deciding to stick around. I'm currently a registered Independant...or "Non Affilate" as they say here, and always have been...I have a problem with showing blind allegiance to any one party or person. However, I like the idea of registering as a Democrat in this State in order to vote in their Primaries and sway the influence which otherwise will remain unchanged. Full disclosure, I'm a Massachusetts native...about as Blue a State out there but somehow I managed to avoid the re-education camps growing up! (my dad was an R, mom a D...)That being said, I left for the service before ever registering to vote in that State and promply changed my State of Residency to Florida to avoid paying their rediculous taxes and registered as a Independant. But, I like the idea of this!

Whitey

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    Pardon my ignorance...but what is a "DINO"? I'm drawing a few conclusions from what I'm reading in the post but...?

I'm a new MD resident, after retiring from the Navy and deciding to stick around. I'm currently a registered Independant...or "Non Affilate" as they say here, and always have been...I have a problem with showing blind allegiance to any one party or person. However, I like the idea of registering as a Democrat in this State in order to vote in their Primaries and sway the influence which otherwise will remain unchanged. Full disclosure, I'm a Massachusetts native...about as Blue a State out there but somehow I managed to avoid the re-education camps growing up! (my dad was an R, mom a D...)That being said, I left for the service before ever registering to vote in that State and promply changed my State of Residency to Florida to avoid paying their rediculous taxes and registered as a Independant. But, I like the idea of this!

Whitey

DINO- Democrat In Name Only Like RINO- Republican In Name Only

In order to vote in the primary, where the election happens for most districts, we need to register as Democrats. It enables you to double down your vote against someone. Vote against them in the primary, then again in the general election.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom