• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Torin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2012
    How in the world can people bitch and moan when they make no effort to effect change among our elected officials? That is just plain dumb! Perhaps if these people would have actually voted, we wouldn't be in this position. Some of the elected officials (on the local and state level) only win by a couple of hundred votes. That's not even 10% of the total mount of people who showed up in Annapolis over the last few weeks. Sad.... :sad20:

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I just got done talking with sme neighbors that belong to a local gun club that requires you to have a NRA membership AND be registered to vote. In general I am for less requirements for club memberships but this might be worth other clubs considering.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Just changed my affiliation to Democrat. Now they might take me seriously when I call up in protest to the attack on my Second Amendment rights.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I have never bought the argument that you can't bitch if you don't vote. It is your right to bitch, whine, complain and anything else you want to do. However if you aren't even registered to vote, then you are irrelevant by your own choosing. Your opinion is rendered meaningless in areas like how much money is taken out of your paycheck, what property will be taken away from you, how much your beer costs, when and where you can hunt/fish, how easily your own home can be searched, etc etc. If you don't even give a shit to protect your own stuff, then what the hell is wrong with you? Would you let a stranger just stroll up and rob you of money? That is what politicians are doing to you right this very second. Would you allow a stranger to walk into your house and steal your firearms? That is what politicians are trying to do to you as we speak. It takes zero effort to register to vote. You can do it online in less than 30 secs. It is amazing that EVERY gun owner isn't registered right now. The politicians are attacking you.

PS Also use some intelligence- register as a democrat. It is disgusting, it goes against everything many of us believe in. However Maryland is a one party state. To be heard, to have your opinion and vote count for anything, you must be registered as a democrat to threaten politicians with a loss in the primary. Otherwise, they don't give a damn about your vote.

damascus 1

Aug 26, 2012
    Changing parties

I may not be the first to post this... but a few of my shooting team including my self have changed to democrat. We plan to vote out the super liberals. Any opinions?

stu929swife

Mar 12, 2013
    Hagerstown MD
    I just got done talking with sme neighbors that belong to a local gun club that requires you to have a NRA membership AND be registered to vote. In general I am for less requirements for club memberships but this might be worth other clubs considering.

I would support that! I think it's a great standard to have.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I know enough paperwork gets filled out already when a firearm is purchased through a FFL but would asking gun buyers if they would like to register to vote by filling out one more form be unduly burdensome?

Would our IPs be open to keeping a stack of Voter Registration Application form handy and asking two simple questions when they sell a firearm:

Are you a registered voter?
    Would you like to be?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I know enough paperwork gets filled out already when a firearm is purchased through a FFL but would asking gun buyers if they would like to register to vote by filling out one more form be unduly burdensome?

Would our IPs be open to keeping a stack of Voter Registration Application form handy and asking two simple questions when they sell a firearm:

Are you a registered voter?
    Would you like to be?

In order to conduct voter registration, the person has to get training by the local election board. It is short (less than 1 hour) but required.

They can post the website to go to, but having the forms in bulk is the problem. They then have to know how to assist in completing them. I would also be reluctant to further burden the FFL's with more paperwork... And making them trot down to the BOE for training.

Let me qualify myself, I am a Chief Election Judge and am a certified Voter Registration Volunteer...

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    In order to conduct voter registration, the person has to get training by the local election board. It is short (less than 1 hour) but required.

They can post the website to go to, but having the forms in bulk is the problem. They then have to know how to assist in completing them. I would also be reluctant to further burden the FFL's with more paperwork... And making them trot down to the BOE for training.

Let me qualify myself, I am a Chief Election Judge and am a certified Voter Registration Volunteer...

Thank you for such a rapid and expert response!

I share your reluctance to add to the pile of paperwork but hope we can find some way to increase the voter participation by gun owners. Do you think we could get enough folks to take the BOE training and perhaps volunteer a few hours of their time in either an ongoing registration effort or perhaps a one or two day drive?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Thank you for such a rapid and expert response!

I share your reluctance to add to the pile of paperwork but hope we can find some way to increase the voter participation by gun owners. Do you think we could get enough folks to take the BOE training and perhaps volunteer a few hours of their time in either an ongoing registration effort or perhaps a one or two day drive?

Sure! I plan to do just that starting in the Fall, wasn't thinking of sitting in front of firearms shops, but that is a mighty good plan. The BOE said I can set up shop anywhere if the property owner agrees, which apparently is never a problem. I can post when the class is available. One key thing is you MUST remain neutral party wise. Am used to that with the CEJ anyway, but steering party sign ups/votes is a big no no.

drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    Thank you to OP for doing this! Great idea and insight as well as the links! I've suggested our County Tea Party post the same on their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom