• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yournamehere

Feb 27, 2013
    Carroll County
    A guy I work with has two issues and is not sure how to resolve them.

1. Bought a Glock via private sale 8 years ago and both the buyer and seller were ignorant to MD law. It was a cash transaction with no paperwork. He wants to make his gun legal. What is his best course of action.

2. Same guy. Dad died 4 years ago and he came into possession of his grandfathers GI Colt 1911. What is best course of action to make gun legal. Also wondering if there is any issue since it is GI.

Next issue. Guy I work with bought a Colt 380 about 10 years ago. Cash transaction, no paperwork. He has offered to sell it to me, and I explained the correct procedure to him. He is worried about the MSP since the gun was never registered to him. Are there any issues with this transaction?

Thanks in advance.

henn5849

Aug 29, 2009
    Cecil County, MD
    Couldn't he just register them as if they were inherited? Just get the 77r from msp, full it out, and mail it to msp licensing. Jut making a suggestion from what I have seen on the boards.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    +1 if your buddy is worried about legality, simply call them inherited and do the 77r at a local barracks.

The MSP doesn't particularly care how you acquired a regulated firearm, or whether it was "registered" prior to transfer, as long as you've done the paperwork required to be its legal owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom