• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snake guy

Apr 28, 2005
    Does anyone know a reliable FFL dealer in MD that will actually allow or faciliate an internet sale of a handgun? Giun prices here are much too high relative to what I see online, but my (limited) experience so far in MD is that the FFL's want to either (a) sell me something from their own stock or (b) tell me they have to order from a distributer rather than the internet site that gave me decent price. This has nothing to do with the fired case law, as the sites I have contacted indicated they could have that sent for a minor charge.

So, what I am looking for is a FFL that will just send the paperwork to the dealer, accept the firearrm, and do the MD waiting list (for a reasonable fee, of course). Any suggestions?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    You might try the "Gunbroker.com" website and look at their FFL list to see if their are any in Md. Other than that I Haven't asked any if they would do this even thought I have just started wondering about this myself. You also might want to get your own FFL since the fee might be paid for with the first few purchases. You would not be able to sell handguns in the state though unless you get a Md dealers license to sell them (or something like that). If I understand it, you could sell rifles with the FFL without Md permission.

I have an 03 FFL where I have had handguns shipped right to my house without having to submit a fired round or the 7 day wait and the backround check. You may want to try that for C&R handguns if you do not get the full fledged FFL. The C&R FFL just costs $30 for 3 years. It is a nice feeling walking into a gun shop and walking out with a pistol within just a few minutes without filling out a single form.

REDCELL

May 3, 2005
    Parkville Md
    H&P outdoors on Harford Rd in Parkville.. I used his guy 'Bruce' to get my Fabarm Fp6 from Pennsylinia. He is a nice guy and promt about mailing his FFL certificate to places. His fee was $20

merc669

May 1, 2005
    Southern MD
    Quick question to all. Other than the FFL Fee to have a local FFL here process the paperwork, "What Additional Costs Should Be Paid In State Of MD?". Example; Gun A costs 400 and S&H to FFL is 50 , the FFl Fee and a Background Check is 20 I believe. So what is the total cost and what am I missing? Do you pay MD State Tax, etc. Thanks!!

Bill.....

May 12, 2005
    Montgomery
    There was a thread on I think ar15.com hometown forum about this, some dealers try to charge sales tax on the gun but they should probably on charge it on their fee. State police issued an unclear message and some dealers are charging sales tax on a sale they didn't make.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Spoke to the owner of the Armory in Annapolis and he said he will do a transfer of hangun or rifle for $35 if you handle the most of the trasnaction yourself and he just does the transfer part. If you want him to do it all, then he would charge 10% over his dealer cost of buying the gun with his FFL. :)
    Tell him I sent ya or mention this forum :rolleyes:

G

GSB

Try Otto's Police Supply in Glen Burnie. He charges $30 + $10 MD State Police Fee if it is a regulated firearm. He does not charge sales tax. He is also a class III dealer. I have done two transfers in the past 2 weeks with him. Great guy to deal with. He is a MD Deputy Sheriff and only has his shop open on weekends. His email is ottospolicesupply@msn.com
    Phone number is 410-255-3161.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I've heard good things about Otto's

The Armory is a good place.....if you're gun is under $400 or so, it may be a better deal to have him just do everything.

If you're over in the DCR area, go on to thehighroad.org and get ahold of Chris Rhines. He operates a FFL in Monkey County.....I think in Potomac

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    vote republican said:
    There was a thread on I think ar15.com hometown forum about this, some dealers try to charge sales tax on the gun but they should probably on charge it on their fee. State police issued an unclear message and some dealers are charging sales tax on a sale they didn't make.

isnt that illegal? (charging tax on a sale they didn't make)
    I believe Continental Arms charges $35 for a transfer, but i'm unsure if they will take an internet purchase. i'll have to double check that

i know what you mean when you say that MD prices are ridiculous. i'm in the market for a 1911 now, and everywhere i go they charge FULL MSRP. it's nucking futs. i'm not paying all that money when i can go online, pay shipping and FFL fees, and still make out saving 200 bux

UMDougal

Feb 7, 2006
    Just an update H&P Outdoors...

"Sorry Justin but i'm no longer in business. you will have to try somebody else. Thanks, Bruce"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom