• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdphotographer

Feb 10, 2009
    Frederick MD
    well a few weeks ago I got a hollywood turret press (i am sure you saw my post on it) that I am quickly falling in love with and I just scored a old Bonanza Co-Ax in pretty good shape that I can rebuild and use all that paint I bought for the Hollywood I didn't need. lol
    So I am set for presses and I also just got a FA rotary tumbler SS kit and the Hollywood came with 2 great Micrometer powder measures so I am set there too I will have to take some pics of the Hollywood now that I have it set up for reloading .30 carbine

Mdphotographer

Feb 10, 2009
    Frederick MD
    Here are pics of my Hollywood Sr Turret set up for .30 Carbine.

I bought 3 press top bushings from CH Tool and Die to go from the 1 1/2-12 thread to 7/8-14. I also used the shot shell two resizing dies that came with the press removed the decapper/expander and screwed my powder measures in the top.

The press only came with one handle for turning the turret so I bought 2 allen head cap bolts and formed the handles using fiberglass matting and epoxy then chucked them into the drill press to form and sand them before painting.

For primer catching I had to extend the CH H-ram shell holder threads withe a 1/2-20 inside x 3/4-10 outside threaded insert a 3/4-10 nut keeping the shell holder tight to the ram and another 1/2-20 threaded insert in the bottom of the nut so I could attach the 1/2 surgical tubing with a hose clamp to take the spent primers to a catch can.

I had to get a 6" 5/8-11 nylon thread cut the thread off and re-thread the bolt shaft to 5/8-18 to screw into the bottom of the powder measure through the resizer die,then I drilled a 3/8 hole through the length of the bolt and a 1/2 hole in the bolt head that I could screw a RCBS powder drop tube adapter in.

I can reload 4-5 fully prepped and primed cases a minute with a factory crimp die station after the bullet seater.I am thinking about getting 3 more press top bushings from CH and another set of dies so I only have to index the turret in one direction and not have to re-index back to the expander die.(I don't like the powder through expander dies) I already have the other powder measure set up like the first all I need is a new reservoir for it which is already coming found 2 12" Hornady on Ebay that will work on these.

Attachments

• Hollywood_0021.JPG
      Hollywood_0021.JPG
      70.5 KB · Views: 366
    • Hollywood_0022.JPG
      Hollywood_0022.JPG
      62.7 KB · Views: 390
    • Hollywood_0026.JPG
      Hollywood_0026.JPG
      72.8 KB · Views: 382
    • Hollywood_0027.JPG
      Hollywood_0027.JPG
      63.7 KB · Views: 378
    • Hollywood_0028.JPG
      Hollywood_0028.JPG
      51.3 KB · Views: 355

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Md, I would suggest you put some duct tape around the edges of that sardine can that holds your spent primers. Its just a accident waiting too give you a huge bleeder. Super sharp edges. JMHO
    And what kind of tubing is that for primer disposal please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom