• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    I wanted to try out my Brian Voelker accurized 22LR Remington 541-T HB in PRS/MARS/NRL competition, but did not want to nick, scratch or otherwise mar the beautiful original walnut stock, which, 30 years on, is still in excellent condition. I purchased a Boyd’s laminate Varminter stock inletted for the 541-T and transferred the action, barrel and trigger into the new stock. The action was then epoxy bedded with two metal pillars, 3/4 inch and 3/8 inch diameters (Voelker adds a second pillar when he accurizes), and the barrel was free-floated. The Vortex Strike Eagle 6-24X sits on a shimmed 20MOA base for long distance shooting. An arca rail was added for bipod/bag attachment. The 541-T is the rifle in front in the image below (also posted in the “Rifles” forum). Load/lot testing begins tomorrow.

smm8IWi.jpg

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    I wanted to shoot a 541 T in a match but only have one reliable five round magazine. I bought an alleged new Remington 10 round magazine off ebay but it jammed. I called Remington and Remington said it was a Chinese fake as they didn't sell 10 round mags. So, do you have several reliable magazines, if so, where do you get them? Thanks, and good luck at the matches.

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    My plastic 10-round Remington 541 mags are (I believe) a Remington product. (I think they are the same mags as for the 581 model.) I have modified them to be MUCH more reliable. This involves removing, tightening and re-installing the small metal clips at the top, as well as supergluing the seams. I have posted on this with images in another forum on another website and will try to locate the link.

Edit: POST #39 and others on rimfirecentral.com:

Also, the modified mags still do not feed 100% reliably when shooting blunt nosed bullets. I'm still working on them. FYI - this 541-T recently placed 2nd overall (won one of the two matches) in a long distance benchrest competition. These rifles shoot.

Last edited:

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    I've been looking for a target I had shot a few years ago, can't locate it. It was approx. .27 5 shot center to center with inexpensive lead ammo. Of course, it doesn't shoot that way all the time but they're great rifles.

I too tried to alter my 10-round magazine with a razor slicing off tiny bits of plastic to duplicate the reliable 5 shot Remington factory magazine.

Still fails to feed sometimes, not reliable enough for a Mars match.

Thanks for the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom