Remington 700 AAC in .300 Blackout Scope?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    OK Gents... I picked up one of these tacticool bolt guns the other day and since I'm new to the ballistics of the .300 BLK round (I like it because my suppressor mounts on it and it should be very quiet) I'm looking for scope recommendations and any other thoughts one might have on this.

Thanks!

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I know nothing of the .300 Blackout, but, I have a Nikon Buckmaster Mil-Dot 6.5-18 scope on my SPS AAC-SD in .308.

The mount is a Leupold MKIV +15MOA and Leupold MKIV Medium Rings.

Rock solid and very accurate!!!!!

This rifle shoots groups the size of my 'pinky' nail @ 100 yards.

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    My understanding that the max effective range for .300 BLK in hypersonic is roughly 800 yards while the sub sonic max effective range is 400 yard. But I've been known to be wrong before.

My 700 PSS in .308 has the 4.5x14.50 Leupold with mil dot and it's awesome... but that's too much scope for this thing I think. I was even looking at Vortex optics for some ideas.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    My understanding that the max effective range for .300 BLK in hypersonic is roughly 800 yards while the sub sonic max effective range is 400 yard. But I've been known to be wrong before.

My 700 PSS in .308 has the 4.5x14.50 Leupold with mil dot and it's awesome... but that's too much scope for this thing I think. I was even looking at Vortex optics for some ideas.

Tell me more of this "hypersonic" loads :D

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I have a 1.8-10x on mine, and it's about right for the range of the round. Do you plan on shooting mostly sub, super, or both?

leftyblackout.jpg

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    The power is a tad high for your application but if you wanted an FFP scope, this is not a bad choice. mil/mil scope with FFP reticle. The glass on the BSA is exceptional for the price point.

Recommendation 1: $250 power 4-14x FFP

BSA Tactical Mil-Mil Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4-14x 44mm Side Focus 1/10 Mil Adjustments First Focal MRAD Reticle Matte
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/45...il-adjustments-first-focal-mrad-reticle-matte

Although, personally I would want something that was in the 2-7x range like the weaver scope below:

Recommendation 2: $179 power 2-7x SFP

Weaver 2-7x32mm Classic V-7 Series Riflescope, Matte Black with Dual-X Reticle. #849399
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/62...s-rifle-scope-25-7x-32mm-dual-x-reticle-matte

The weaver is exceptionally light at 10 oz.

Possible #3 $199 power 1.5-6x SFP

Weaver Kaspa-Z Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 1.5-6x 32mm Z-CIRT Reticle Matte
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/44...ope-30mm-tube-15-6x-32mm-z-cirt-reticle-matte

A little heavier at 1lb. However I really like the reticle on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom