• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Been after one of these passively for 3 years, so finally managed to get a hold of an early Palmetto brass framed Remington Pocket in .32. Yet to shoot it...but looks and feels tight. I love these little pocket pistols, too bad they stopped making this model in what appears to be 2020...

Attachments

• Remington Pocket.jpg
      Remington Pocket.jpg
      72.8 KB · Views: 90

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I'm not sure what they're good for, but they are cute.

I recall seeing the kit version of the Remington for sale in a Target store about 1985 for something like $30 or so...

The Colt .32s, the Wells Fargo and Baby Dragoon models, are what kept Colt from going bankrupt throughout the 1850s. Mark Twain mentions that his brother carried one in Roughing It.

The Saint

BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    I'm not sure what they're good for, but they are cute.

I recall seeing the kit version of the Remington for sale in a Target store about 1985 for something like $30 or so...

The Colt .32s, the Wells Fargo and Baby Dragoon models, are what kept Colt from going bankrupt throughout the 1850s. Mark Twain mentions that his brother carried one in Roughing It.

These days? They're for fun. I love small bore pistols, especially these repro revolvers. I had a trifecta of the Colt replicas, sold my Walker but the Navy and Pocket are still very much here with me. I always wanted a Remington Pocket to pair with the Colt, and finally found one. My Uberti "1849 Pocket" also has given me the most hassle of all the Italian repros I've ever owned. The small guns always require the most attention to fit/finish, it would seem. This Palmetto seems pretty good.

Attachments

• Colt Walker Navy and Pocket.jpg
      Colt Walker Navy and Pocket.jpg
      85.2 KB · Views: 78

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Oh, I like them. The '51 Navy has always been my favorite: my first handgun was an Uberti Navy. I also like the New Police, which put a five shot rebated .36 cylinder on the smaller .32 frame.

jt2100r

Aug 2, 2014
    Huntingtown
    I got the steel one a couple years ago with the conversion cylinder. Haven't shot it yet life has gotten in the way. hopefully soon.

The Saint

BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    I got the steel one a couple years ago with the conversion cylinder. Haven't shot it yet life has gotten in the way. hopefully soon.

If you decide you never want to shoot it, or shoot it and don't like it, let me know and I'd be glad to add that one to the collection too haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom