• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S6T6

Dec 23, 2012
    This may be a dumb question but is the Remington R1 Enhanced model# 96328 approved for sale/transfer/purchase in MD? It seems from reading other posts that some folks have the enhanced version here in MD.

The reason I ask is that the MD Approved Gun Roster only lists the approved Remington 1911 model as R1 and no specific #. And since other manufacturers list specific model numbers for each variation I'm confused. The model # for the basic R1 is #96323 so I just wanted to make sure I can buy and have model #96328 shipped to my FFL in MD.

Attachments

• wm_4865256.jpg
      wm_4865256.jpg
      57.6 KB · Views: 202

S6T6

Dec 23, 2012
    Called the MSP board and the very nice lady wasn't 100% sure if it was, but said she'd check into it. I said since it is an R1 with just a different trigger, hammer and sights it shouldn't require a separate approval. I asked if the FFL sees anything different than the Roster since it only says R1. She said no, but the frame may be stamped Enhanced and that could be an issue. I'm dumbfounded by the bureacracy.

I made the case for the Ruger SR1911 CMD too. Her argument was that Ruger wants it listed as a separate gun so that's why it has to be approved separately. She said they currently don't have any submissions for that one even though I know theres another thread where someone said they made a paper submission to get it approved.

She also said background checks were taking 35 to 40 days. Just an FYI.

S6T6

Dec 23, 2012
    Gotguns, I tried calling the shop this afternoon but got no answer. Is the number still the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom