• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I searched using a bunch of strings and could find no threads on this, but if it's a dupe please let me know. I couldn't believe no one posted this yet!

The Army has chosen Remington to supply its next batch of M4/M4A1 rifles by September, 2013.

http://www.army-technology.com/news/newsremington-supply-carbines-us-army

So now that Remington has the TDP I wonder if they'll be offering rifles for sale. Freedom Group owns Remington as well as DPMS and Bushmaster... are the days of sub-standard mystery-metal ARs over? Or do you think they'll pull an FN and use a military-only subsidiary of Remington to produce this stuff and not be allowed to provide parts/rifles to the public? Based on the article it's going to "Remington Arms Company". Remington Arms Company, LLC is the same company that's been supplying their guns to the commercial market for quite a while (since 1816 according to their website). Hopefully this will mean better quality ARs across the board. Now will Colt Defense still be producing rifles for the LE/civilian market? They're all tooled up and have the supply chains... I dunno. Hopefully the price will drop slightly. I still haven't purchased a complete AR and if I did, I'd get a Colt today especially if they were a little less...

Check this out, and you can see all the pertinent parties behind Remington...

http://investing.businessweek.com/r...Id=274561&previousTitle=General Dynamics Corp

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    This is teh awesomeness. Teh moar peepz dat be mekin' dat goon dah cheeper it will be.
    This is awesome. The more people that are making that gun the cheaper it will be.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I heard Cerebus is consolidating their lines into a single factory; my guess is these will be made on a separate line at the same location.

Colt still gets a royalty on every M4 sold under license that uses their design package.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I heard Cerebus is consolidating their lines into a single factory; my guess is these will be made on a separate line at the same location.

Colt still gets a royalty on every M4 sold under license that uses their design package.

That's what I was thinking about Cerebus/Freedom Group. Wonder what it means... hmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom