• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    What John in MD said. And

Some of the pins are pressed in with a high interference fit. Plus they are staked in place. Eat your Cheerios.
    Yep...that staking is a pain in the *ss. Run across that a lot. But yeah Arbor press and a fixture,

Hey Mag how you doin? Anymore "projects" in works?
    Adding parts to the parts bin here..
    Be safe ..

-Rock

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Yep...that staking is a pain in the *ss. Run across that a lot. But yeah Arbor press and a fixture,

Hey Mag how you doin? Anymore "projects" in works?
    Adding parts to the parts bin here..
    Be safe ..

-Rock
    Finishing up the pistols I built for my wife and niece. After that a full size lightweight aluminum frame 80% (already serialized). I am going to bobtail it and use a concealed carry beavertail on it.

You have more irons in the fire?

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Finishing up the pistols I built for my wife and niece. After that a full size lightweight aluminum frame 80% (already serialized). I am going to bobtail it and use a concealed carry beavertail on it.

You have more irons in the fire?
    Nice, you the man....Yes sir.another RIA 1911 45 for a project gun, great price. Found a Para Warthog frame, slide, barrel, gathering parts I may need. Gotta stay away from EGW.
    And building a bench with casters to build / assemble some things on, a dedicated bench instead of moving things here n there.

No 10mm 1911 yet still looking at sales, etc.
    Made note of some of the stuff you said. Really thinking the build route on this one. Will be picking your mind on some things if needed

-Rock

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Nice, you the man....Yes sir.another RIA 1911 45 for a project gun, great price. Found a Para Warthog frame, slide, barrel, gathering parts I may need. Gotta stay away from EGW.
    And building a bench with casters to build / assemble some things on, a dedicated bench instead of moving things here n there.

No 10mm 1911 yet still looking at sales, etc.
    Made note of some of the stuff you said. Really thinking the build route on this one. Will be picking your mind on some things if needed

-Rock
    Warthog sounds like fun. Not sure but I think the sear spring may be unique on those. My Dad did the caster thing with his wood shop equipment. It works…

EGW requires its own credit card…like a kid in a candy store…

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Warthog sounds like fun. Not sure but I think the sear spring may be unique on those. My Dad did the caster thing with his wood shop equipment. It works…

EGW requires its own credit card…like a kid in a candy store…
    Mag,
    I'm glad you mentioned that, "sear spring" never gave it a thought, never really took the one here that far down, to do a side by side comparison. Might have to tear the RIA BBR 3.10 (45), the Warthog, and a regular 1911 down to compare the differences Appreciate the heads up. Your kinda my goto person for whats you thoughts.

Yeah your not lying about EGW needing its own card. They are like the Sears "Wishbook".

-Rock

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom