• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I've been saying this for years. If the GOP had any intention of doing this, it would have from 2000-2006, when we controlled all three houses. The good thing is that the RINO Mark Kirk is gone (simply because his no vote gave the liberal media cause to say it was a "bipartisan" defeat). But you know Schumer will organize a filibuster, and I don't see 8 Democrats breaking rank.

I think this is a different era. Not saying that the 2000-2006 Republicans would have done it, I just think we have a MUCH better chance of getting things done now.

At this point there are 2 Dems co-sponsoring this bill. We only need 6 more to feel the heat. I'm sure there's going to be defectors for this bill, just don't know if we can get 6 more. I'm hoping that we can. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I think this is a different era. Not saying that the 2000-2006 Republicans would have done it, I just think we have a MUCH better chance of getting things done now.

At this point there are 2 Dems co-sponsoring this bill. We only need 6 more to feel the heat. I'm sure there's going to be defectors for this bill, just don't know if we can get 6 more. I'm hoping that we can. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

2 Dem senators are sponsoring? It doesn't matter how many in the house that sign on. It needs 8 dem Senators. I don't see that many breaking ranks.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    And at what point do real Americans rise up and start carrying, permit or not, no matter where they travel? How many more terrorist attacks will be acceptable before this happens?

When I travel to America, I hear about this all the time. Many of my friends and family do carry and have been for years. Fortunately for many of them, they can now legally carry.

Here in Maryland, carrying outside the home without a permit could be dangerous in a non-traditional kinda way. Sure you can protect yourselves from the not so kind citizens, but at what cost? For me, I'm not saying one way or another. But there is that saying, "I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.".

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    2 Dem senators are sponsoring? It doesn't matter how many in the house that sign on. It needs 8 dem Senators. I don't see that many breaking ranks.

None were willing to sign the House paperwork to prevent the tallying of the Electoral College votes yesterday. So there is hope.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    H.R.38 - To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide a means by which nonresidents of a State whose residents may carry concealed firearms may also do so in the State.

93 cosponsors

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Trump will be the President. He gloats that he had NRA support. Trump is already trying to save a few Million here and there. Old school politics is going out the window. I believe Trump is going to cut pork and that we will see the Govt shut down over spending bills. Only things that are going to get through are things that Trump wants or congress overides. Just my belief. .... we will see.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The Dems changed the filibuster rule. Only 51 votes needed to break now. :D

It ws not changed for legislation. Only for non SCOTUS judicial and cabinet appointees.

Still need 60 for cloture. Hope we can find 8 honest Democrats.

That's a tall order.

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    I've been saying this for years. If the GOP had any intention of doing this, it would have from 2000-2006, when we controlled all three houses. The good thing is that the RINO Mark Kirk is gone (simply because his no vote gave the liberal media cause to say it was a "bipartisan" defeat). But you know Schumer will organize a filibuster, and I don't see 8 Democrats breaking rank.

The NRA got this in 2005. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_of_Lawful_Commerce_in_Arms_Act

Without the Lawful Commerce Act we would all be building on 80% receivers.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• dc.jpg
      dc.jpg
      23.5 KB · Views: 362
    Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Delayney doisappoints as usual

I'd rather get no letter than the form letter crap I just got.

Attachments

• delany1.JPG
      delany1.JPG
      83.4 KB · Views: 328
    • delany2.JPG
      delany2.JPG
      80.9 KB · Views: 329

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    I got one too...in the form provided (fill in) I asked the good representative to be sure he fully supports President Trumps Second Amendment Coalition. We'll see how that goes...

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Not true.

Active Duty military is one exception. If you live in say Texas and are stationed in MD you do not have to get a MD DL. Many DMV's have a mail-in renewal process or DL expiration extension options for these temporarily "displaced heroes".
    Okay, true 99% of the time, excluding active duty military. :)

That is my way of thinking. As written it seems to force "may" issue states to become "shall" issue states. If non-resident permits have reciprocity throughout the country then the state with the easiest attainment rules essentially dictates concealed carry for the rest of the country. I just do not see that happening.
    :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom