• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    One of the other forums I'm on automatically resizes all embedded pictures when they are too big, so as not to throw the scaling of the screen out of whack. Then you can click on the picture to view it in full size. Don't know if that's a possibility on this forum but its an idea.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Actually resizing to 1024x768 works great for uniformity. If someone posts a super humongous picture and resizes it to 50% it may still be too big.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    This is a bit more complicated. If you use Photo bucket or something similar, you should be able to resize onsite, then add an url link in the posted image to the full sized image.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    It happens most often when posting from a Google image search. I know it happened to me this morning. I did it on my phone and did not see how huge the picture was until I posted in this forum. :whoa:

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    :innocent0 Hot linking is frowned on and some servers will block the image because it uses additional server band width. Just saying. I ran into that on occasion.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This is a bit more complicated. If you use Photo bucket or something similar, you should be able to resize onsite, then add an url link in the posted image to the full sized image.

Excellent example pic.
    "You know the first rule of combat?"

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you use a PC, Windows Paint can be used to resize by either percentage, measurement or pixels.

I'm sure Macs can do this even better.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    If you use a PC, Windows Paint can be used to resize by either percentage, measurement or pixels.

I'm sure Macs can do this even better.

Yeah, not wveyone is going to do that. I'm talking about the forum automatically resizing posted pictures.

Here's an example. You see how big this picture is, you have to scroll over to see it

T68_30_Cal_M1919_Browing_Machine_Gun_1500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom