• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Recieved a letter from Miller on SB 262 with a bit of spin in it focused on what SB 262 did not do. Here is my response:

Sir,
    Thank you for your letter telling me what SB 281 does not do. However, it was not needed as I am not a low information voter. I care about future generations of Marylanders who have had their rights diminished by this bill.

I do not think that the anti-gun measures in this bill will do anything positive. SB 281 just makes it harder for law-biding citizens to obtain firearms and restrict the type they can buy in the future based more on cosmetics than real hard data. This bill will have no effect on crime nor would it have prevented a Newton like tragedy. You had amendments that would have punished criminals go down to defeat and I find that appalling considering the targeting of law-biding citizens for significant infringements.

As for what 281 does not do, it would not have accomplished those other steps even if they were signed into law. They would have been unconstitutional and dead on arrival. Personally, I would have never surrendered my firearms if those previsions were included as that would be unlawful on your part.

One thing that this has accomplished is it has gotten my long term commitment to support with both time and money efforts to defeat of any representatives who voted for this bill. I plan on donating the maximum amount allowed by law to defeat those who voted for this bill that violates mine and my children's rights.

As the Governor signs this law today his future political ambitions will come to and end. He miscalculated, this whole issue isn’t a party issue; it is a rural verse urban issue.
    VR, Mike

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom