• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

oather

Oct 19, 2009
    http://restoretheconstitution.wordpress.com/about/

Copied from link:

When: 9AM-5PM, April 19th, 2010 (monday)
    Where: Ft. Hunt National Park, Northern VA
    What: “Restore the Constitution” rally/ Muster Outside D.C.

Details: Staging area will be Ft. Hunt National Park, located about 12 miles south of DC. Participants will gather there, and a speaking program will be provided. From there, participants will have the opportunity to travel in small convoys up to Gravelly Point Park so they can “step up to the edge.” Gravelly Point Park is right on the Potomac, about a mile from the National Mall in DC.

Scope:
    4-19-10 rally at Gravelly Point Park, Virginia 10:30AM to 5 pm, although park hours are from 8 AM to dark. Gravelly Point is, based on research so far, the closest carry-legal location to DC, although Ft. Hunt will need to be the initial staging area and rendesvous point. Participants can arrive at Ft. Hunt as early as 9AM to get started, and the main speaking program will begin at 10AM, as the convoys begin going back and forth between Ft. Hunt and Gravelly Point. See home blog page for latest updates.

Target Audience:
    Unlike traditional protest rallies, the primary target audience of this rally will be those who already support the idea that the constitution needs restoring. If you’re reading this and you’re generally supportive so far, but probably won’t make the effort to attend, YOU are the primary target audience. Why target mainly those who already agree with you? To show that it can, in fact, be done and to improve our ability to hold a bigger, SECOND “Restore the Constitution” rally if any of us chose to do so.

Objective:
    1. Unite as many as will come to the edge of Washington, D.C. to rally in support and defense of the Constitution of the United States of America and to stand, armed and united, with our brothers and sisters delivering the same basic message to our servant politicians in DC and in the state capitals.
    2. Exercise our God given rights to assembly and freedom of speech (First Amendment) while simultaneously exercising the right to keep and bear arms (Second Amendments)
    3. To show our elected servants in DC and the state capitals that we will not stand by idly while their corruption, dishonesty, and outright violations of our country’s founding principles destroy the American Republic
    4. Receive media exposure through national press, special interest press organizations, and independent media sources.
    5. To continue the networking between average Americans concerned about the future that has been happening over the past twenty years, as governmental power grew and individual freedoms shrank.

More info in link above.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    True. However, I think the ones with actual rifles will get more attention...

Agreed....the media would LOVE to focus on a group of people making a show of firearms directed at DC. How often would the word "extremists" be used in the nightly news? We don't need to help them divide and conquer us.

"It doesn't help us if we're inconsistant, they only need a small excuse to put us all away."

oather

Oct 19, 2009
    Agreed....the media would LOVE to focus on a group of people making a show of firearms directed at DC. How often would the word "extremists" be used in the nightly news? We don't need to help them divide and conquer us.

"It doesn't help us if we're inconsistant, they only need a small excuse to put us all away."

The irony of the situation is that, because of those dozens of armed individuals, it will be the safest place in the city. Depsite the fact that people will be carrying miltiary firearms, it will have the lowest body count of any area in the violent city. The media will most definately use this opportunity to brand us as extremists, however those who are paying attention will see through their fake reporting, as they did when MSNBC tried to edit the African-American open carrier at the Arizona Tea party as white racist by hiding his skin color.

We've spent the last 30years being backed into a corner, because we don't want to offend those who are offended by everything. Its time that they be told that we aren't backing up any further unless they try to force us at their folly.

Time to shake your rifle in a tyrant's face.

Here are some thoughts by Mike Vanderboegh:
    http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2010/03/19-april-2010-bring-your-sidearms-and.html
    "I am going because I believe it is the right thing to do, at the right time. I am going because the Beltway crowd will crap their pants at the sight of it. I am going because when I face my God I want to be able to say I did my best to avoid conflict in every manner that I could. I am going to help reclaim a right that the Founders took for granted. It will be in their faces. It will be seen by Leviathan as provocative. It will be the act of free men and women."

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Terrible. The 2A march is going to be struggling to make a showing as it is and now we have a competing demonstration?

We are our own worst enemies. :sad20:

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    Terrible. The 2A march is going to be struggling to make a showing as it is and now we have a competing demonstration?

My point exactly! I am not disagreeing with the demonstration, just the timing.

The media will either focus on the one that seems the most "extreme" or the one that is the smallest, claiming that our movement is insignificant. We can't afford to preach to the choir. :mad54:

LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    As much as it creates a schedule conflict, it is the one that will send the clearest, and perhaps the final, warning. Another gathering of unarmed people, even if it attained the size of the tea-party protest, would have no effect, as did the prior one. I would throw my support behind this one more than the 2A one simply for that reason.

oather

Oct 19, 2009

My point exactly! I am not disagreeing with the demonstration, just the timing.

The media will either focus on the one that seems the most "extreme" or the one that is the smallest, claiming that our movement is insignificant. We can't afford to preach to the choir. :mad54:

You've got to look at this more as an exclamation point to the statement that is the IIA Rally in DC that day.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    You've got to look at this more as an exclamation point to the statement that is the IIA Rally in DC that day.

I'm afraid that I simply disagree. It is a splitting of our forces and it will diminish the effectiveness of both events.

I don't have a horse in either race, but this somehow needs to be resolved. Both will be lessened because of competing against the other. It's not competition ideologically, of course, but it is competition for a finite number of bodies.

oather

Oct 19, 2009
    I'm afraid that I simply disagree. It is a splitting of our forces and it will diminish the effectiveness of both events.

I don't have a horse in either race, but this somehow needs to be resolved. Both will be lessened because of competing against the other. It's not competition ideologically, of course, but it is competition for a finite number of bodies.

Clearly, the best scenario would be to be permitted to open carry at the capital, however that won't happen, so this is the next best thing.

Your perspective on "Divide and conquer" isn't well adapted to modern rules of engagement. Modern rules of battle dictate supressive fire layed down by one group whilst another is flanking the enemy while they have their heads down.

My estimation is that this open carry rally won't draw more than a few hundred people, if that. While the numbers of the IIA rally can possibly go into the 1000s. An extra few hundred un-armed people is a drop in the bucket, unless they do something differently to make themselves stand out, which by being armed, will accomplish. It needs to be clear that the individuals who left their guns at home while marching on the Capital, are backed up by those who did not. It will be an immediate metaphorical reminder of that fact.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    "As much as it creates a schedule conflict, it is the one that will send the clearest, and perhaps the final, warning."

Final warning? Of what? An armed attack on the Nation's Capital? Are you really going to stand on the ridge and point your guns toward DC? If you do, then you are doing the media's and the gun grabber's jobs for them. You will then see and hear nothing but references to Timothy McVeigh, John Allen Mohammed, et al. The Obama administration and Big Sis are only looking for the proper provocation to declare a state of emergency and start confiscating. The Maryland General Assembly has enough B.S. bills pending to erode our rights further...a show of armed force directed at the Capital only makes it easier for Frosh to succeed.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I'm not buying it. As others have mentioned, we're working toward the same end, but if we try to speak as individual groups, we're a lot easier to ignore. If we represent ourselves as one clear, unified voice, it becomes a lot harder to ignore us.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm not buying it. As others have mentioned, we're working toward the same end, but if we try to speak as individual groups, we're a lot easier to ignore. If we represent ourselves as one clear, unified voice, it becomes a lot harder to ignore us.

You're on to what I'm thinking. A perfect example is what has happened in MD since we stopped being isolated pockets of small groups or individuals and started acting more cohesively.

oather

Oct 19, 2009
    "As much as it creates a schedule conflict, it is the one that will send the clearest, and perhaps the final, warning."

Final warning? Of what? An armed attack on the Nation's Capital? Are you really going to stand on the ridge and point your guns toward DC? If you do, then you are doing the media's and the gun grabber's jobs for them. You will then see and hear nothing but references to Timothy McVeigh, John Allen Mohammed, et al. The Obama administration and Big Sis are only looking for the proper provocation to declare a state of emergency and start confiscating. The Maryland General Assembly has enough B.S. bills pending to erode our rights further...a show of armed force directed at the Capital only makes it easier for Frosh to succeed.

The doctrine of the Three (III) Percent is that there are to be no Fort Sumters. That means no unprovoked attacks. However, that doesn't mean we give them another free Waco or New Orleans.

Also, this rally is meant for the National Capital, not the Maryland one.

"If you do, then you are doing the media's and the gun grabber's jobs for them. You will then see and hear nothing but references to Timothy McVeigh, John Allen Mohammed, et al."
    You must stop being afraid of their verbal attacks and insults. The natural thing to do is to get defensive, however that is the wrong tactic. You must instead counter-attack and throw their claims back in their face and walk towards the insult. Andrew Breitbart is pioneering these types of media tactics.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Rally is good idea, but as has been pointed out, it's terrible time.

if you were to have your open carry rally after say 1700, there would be no conflict.

if you were to have your open carry rally in Richmond, you'd have no conflict, AS LONG AS YOU ONLY DRAW THOSE WHO CANT GET TO DC.

The main rally in DC is supposed to draw 10's of thousands to the national mall, national second amendment rights groups and the oathkeepers are all sponsoring/promoting this rally.

Anything else competing for the local audience is doing the Brady's a favor.

Having a rally to commemorate Waco and threaten armed resistance at the same time as the largest peaceful 2 amendment march anyone has ever planned is FOLLY.

All that you will do is paint all gun owners in a very negative light and help the anti gun groups further their aganda.

Honestly, I hope you are the only one at your rally.

LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    The doctrine of the Three (III) Percent is that there are to be no Fort Sumters. That means no unprovoked attacks. However, that doesn't mean we give them another free Waco or New Orleans.

Also, this rally is meant for the National Capital, not the Maryland one.

"If you do, then you are doing the media's and the gun grabber's jobs for them. You will then see and hear nothing but references to Timothy McVeigh, John Allen Mohammed, et al."
    You must stop being afraid of their verbal attacks and insults. The natural thing to do is to get defensive, however that is the wrong tactic. You must instead counter-attack and throw their claims back in their face and walk towards the insult. Andrew Breitbart is pioneering these types of media tactics.

To add to that:
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty"

Right now, most people fear the government. Sure, there are a lot of sunshine patriots who go on internet forums and spout patriotic rhetoric, but quickly tuck tail in legs when it is obvious that more steps may be required as the political class completely ignore them. And, why shouldn't they be ignored? What have all of the protests and rallies done? Do you see a cessation in the dramatic leftward shift of the government? Do you really think that another rally of 100,000 or more in DC will dissuade them? However, what do you think their reaction would be if the same number of people showed up across the Potomac armed? Certainly would give some of them pause. I am not foolish enough to believe that anywhere close to that would show up though.

Keep on moving your line in the sand back and achieve temporary safety, but don't be surprised when they don't stop until they achieve all of their goals.

I strongly encourage those contemplating their personal "lines in the sand" to read this speech by Patrick Henry: http://www.history.org/almanack/life/politics/giveme.cfm

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    The point is that scheduling 2 pro second amendment rallies on the same day was a bad idea. That's all, plain and simple. It's not about anything else.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom