• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    There is no change to the instructions for a request for mod on their site.

I am in line (and have date) to go down to the dog and pony show of an alter-universe courtroom/non-courtroom. Are they going to officially address all of us whom are business owners and already requested modification several months ago?

I am in that boat too. Glad to see this policy implimented and i'm curious if i need to do something. I might just call the licensing division.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Official statement out by the MSP spokesman now. They’ve made it oh-fishal. I’m sure I’ll wake up at any moment.

I see that, but,... there's no mention of the situation myself and others are in.

I am not contemplating going before the HPRB, I'm already 9 months in to the process....

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I see that, but,... there's no mention of the situation myself and others are in.

I am not contemplating going before the HPRB, I'm already 9 months in to the process....

From the Daily Record article:

Shipley said the state police are working with the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services to determine how many appeals involve the restrictions on business owners.

“If they fall within the scope of the change made, the licensing division will be working with the applicant to address the issue,” said Shipley.

There are a metric ass load of people in the queue so it's probably going to be a bit before something just shows up in the mail and I know that the LD has been swamped with calls about this today.

Have also heard about a couple people who schlepped to Pikesville and picked theirs up in person.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    My coworker was just telling me that a good friend had a hearing scheduled for "Restriction Removal". He was called by MSP and told not to bother, show up tomorrow at the MSP barracks and get his Unrestricted permit.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I dropped a letter in the mail today, with a check and updated pictures requesting modification per what is on the website as of today.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Congratulations to those people that spent years appealing the Maryland State Police into submission.

Doubted this would happen every step of the way and I'm truly in shock. I will continue doubting that this will hold once the Hogan era is over but for now, it's a welcome change.

As someone denied his renewal on a non business related permit, I will continue to sulk and be bitter in my corner.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019

Attachments

• E7FD3480-E97D-453C-937B-FEC6AD49EBF8.jpg
      E7FD3480-E97D-453C-937B-FEC6AD49EBF8.jpg
      70.8 KB · Views: 275
    • 9EBFD8F5-739C-466C-AE4B-F338D0844563.jpg
      9EBFD8F5-739C-466C-AE4B-F338D0844563.jpg
      38.6 KB · Views: 267

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Maybe this is the first step to easing CCW across the board, maybe I’m just naive and a wishful thinker, but if they see that there is no increase in crime, etc with this change they will realize that those that would go through the process to legally carry aren’t a threat? As if I’m a different person while conducting business! Still the same ******* :)

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Let's see, my post that got the panties bunched consisted of "don't count your chickens". Pretty solid advice regarding MSP policy changes wouldn't you say?

In a normal world on a normal day without any verification, I would say yes. But in this case, there were multiple people that I talked to and verified this with, so I would have been fine posting the info. Welder got hammered because our community got bit in the ass before, and fairly publicly in one instance, and people were afraid it was happening again. In my opinion a very extreme case of BGOS from those that hammered Welder.

I (and Welder) counted my chickens, I knew how many I had this time and exactly when they were going to hatch. Burn me once shame on Hogan, burn me twice, shame on me.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    With all due respect Stoveman , i don't know how to capture and post the series of posts about the subject , but you did say more then that of which you posted here about chickens .

If members go back to look they will see you said also "Loose Lips Sinks Ships" and "Don't Be an H" or something similar to that .

The one thing i see and other members have text me about that they feel is the issue is that "I stole the thunder" of other members here that wanted to be first to report .
    I think they are correct , we got some big swinging dicks here that i stepped on . That is what i am guilty of , not watching where i was walking . :D:innocent0

Then they should have kept their damn dicks off the sidewalk and they wouldn't have gotten stepped on. And who in the hell owns the thunder for this and who determines who gets to be the first to post it here??

Pecking order my ass, some folks are just butt hurt that they didn't get the kudos. I used to be one of those folks, but I've learned that I don't care how or when the information comes out, so long as it comes out. If folks have a problem with not being first, then maybe they should reevaluate their "importance" in this community.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    In a normal world on a normal day without any verification, I would say yes. But in this case, there were multiple people that I talked to and verified this with, so I would have been fine posting the info. Welder got hammered because our community got bit in the ass before, and fairly publicly in one instance, and people were afraid it was happening again. In my opinion a very extreme case of BGOS from those that hammered Welder.

I (and Welder) counted my chickens, I knew how many I had this time and exactly when they were going to hatch. Burn me once shame on Hogan, burn me twice, shame on me.

Who hammered him? I put out a four word post while I was at the meeting and then he hammered himself with three or four posts before I replied again.

I even called him on the way home from the meeting and told him that I wasn't trying to be a dick and related some past examples (from the same sources) that didn't pan out. I thought we were good when I got off the phone but apparently not.

This is about the fourth time I've heard this and up until now it hasn't happened. That was my only motivation behind the warning and is exactly what I told him on the phone. Believe me or not, I don't care.

This is a very positive development towards the restorations of our rights but we don't stop until we have the whole damn cake back.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    I’ll try. Kudos to everyone who cared enough to be truly informed, who could be a witness at Handgun Permit Review Board hearings, or testified as a witness about the HPRB in Annapolis.

Many thanks to all here who focused attention and exacting research on Maryland Wear & Carry Permit law and studied the statutory authority of the Handgun Permit Review Board, for years.

Members here such as DC-W and Cypherpunk originally risked arrest and then sued to crack open the private/secret sessions of the old Democrat, corrupt MSP-rubber stamp “Thomas” HPRB.

Governor Hogan was actively lobbied in person by PATRIOT PICKET and MDS members to appoint Handgun Permit Review Board members who properly understood and interpreted their independent statutory authority to hear and rule “de novo” on W & C Permit appeals to the MSP permit denials.

(Note: PATRIOT PICKET leaders also elucidated the notion that, as political appointees to a citizen oversight board, the HPRB wasn’t obligated to give unquestioning deference to MSP decisions, or to operate by the Standard Operating Procedures of the MSP.)

The Hogan-appointed “Wilson” HPRB independently followed MD law for the first time in decades, developing a comprehensive and timely process to hear appeals and evaluate them fairly on a case-by-case basis.

This process continued under the leadership of the HPRB Vice-Chairman John Michel, who led the Board after the retirement of HPRB Chairman Robert Wilson.

They discharged their sworn duties consistently, with courage and integrity, paving the way intellectually for the change that was announced today.

The “Wilson” HPRB brought relief to so many who were subjectively and unjustly denied permits or removal of their arbitrary and jeopardizing permit restrictions.

But that didn’t end the unlawful discrimination against us.

MDS and PATRIOT PICKET, led by Jeff Hulbert, who was personally expelled and risked arrest, challenged the MD Capitol Police who were “doxxing” all members of the public who attended the Hogan-appointed “Wilson” HPRB hearings.

The MCP not only examined public attendees ID’s but demanded a Driver’s License that they then swiped/scanned into their computer at the security check-point.

We put an end to that.

We have always acted because it was right.

Thanks to Maryland Shall Issue for keeping constant non-partisan legal pressure on Maryland’s corrupt, un-Constitutional Democrat “may issue” permit scheme.

The MDS legal eagles here have contributed astounding legal insight and persuasive reasoning attacking the entire MD permit scheme.

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Who hammered him? I put out a four word post while I was at the meeting and then he hammered himself with three or four posts before I replied again.

I even called him on the way home from the meeting and told him that I wasn't trying to be a dick and related some past examples (from the same sources) that didn't pan out. I thought we were good when I got off the phone but apparently not.

This is about the fourth time I've heard this and up until now it hasn't happened. That was my only motivation behind the warning and is exactly what I told him on the phone. Believe me or not, I don't care.

This is a very positive development towards the restorations of our rights but we don't stop until we have the whole damn cake back.

This, absolutely, no for management workers with restriction to hammer MSP that they have the exact same threats as the owner since they do most of the same things as the owner (on call, make deposits, open/close, etc.)

Assists21

Jan 17, 2013
    This, absolutely, no for management workers with restriction to hammer MSP that they have the exact same threats as the owner since they do most of the same things as the owner (on call, make deposits, open/close, etc.)

Ain’t this the truth...as clergy, I can attest to the fact that business dealings are not consolidated in one Pastor, but rather are spread across the entire pastoral staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    As a police officer this doesn't directly affect me because I'm covered under LEOSA, however, I support shall issue and unrestricted for all. I'm happy for those who by virtue of the state's modified criteria can now carry unrestricted but I find it to be complete and utter ******** that others can't simply because they're not a business owner. If I was acting in an official capacity there is no way I could ever legally or morally justify unequal treatment of one individual over another based on their status as a business owner and there's no way they should be able to do it in regards to gun rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom