• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Ban movie theaters. They're stinky little sticky shoeboxes anyway, and the "ambience" promotes crappy behavior that suits the nature of the venue. The movies are mostly crap, too, and the popcorn is a health hazard.

I mean, really, you wanna associate with the kind of people you find there?

In the ancient days it was young lads and ladies seeking wholesome sort of contact with the opposite sex.

That devolved, recall Pee Wee Herman?

Also recall that Batman nutjob in CO?

WTF would anyone go to a movie theater nowdays with all the streaming shit options???

LOL:D:D:D

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    I do . Wife and I go to movies . We take grandkids . Ya it’s still fun looking at the big screen . Couldn’t tell ya how to stream something and don’t care to learn how. As far as the old man think he went over board shooting the guy . Should have ignored the jackass that was texting, then he threw popcorn at him . Sounds like a jerk . But the old man should realize a lot of people are all about themselves . Feel sorry for the old guy and feel bad for the family of the guy shot. Morale of the story , don’t be an ass someone might shoot you. Crazy the world we live in.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I hope he's found not guilty and he sues the dead guys family for the replacement cost of ammo.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    It shows the power that some LEOs feel they have and when they are not obeyed when they feel they should be then they don't like it. Mind you I said some and not all. Still this is much more excessive than one would ever expect. I wonder if the retired cop has cancer or something and he figured he's got nothing to loose by showing that guy who's in charge.

Exactly. Like a spoiled child used to getting their way. He couldn’t handle the lack of authority and his low IQ brain blew a fuse and killed somebody

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    This whole situation is sad . If I was a juror I would have to side with the old man .Attacks come quickly and having to react comes quickly.Im sure there are members who know what I’m talking about. Right or wrong that decision has to be made and when your life is on the line ,again as some may know, you pray to god it is correct. Blown way at of proportion, absolutely. That’s how it starts and happens. What if all day long , would of should of could of . There is no good ending to this story. Do I agree with verdict on a personal level , I’m torn . He took the guys life . I feel I have understanding for both sides .Best part I’m not involved and my heart goes to both.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    A couple things to note. Video evidence and testimony was that he asked him to stop, he didn't, defendant reported it to the theater, the deceased became angry when the defendant returned, got out of his seat, threw his cell phone, then reached over the seats and grabbed defendant popcorn and threw it at him also, deceased wife was also up trying to hold him back, which is how she was shot in the hand.

Seems justified.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Jury may have felt that, while defendant was probably guilty, prosecution failed to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt

Different standard for likely civil case, though (preponderance of the evidence).

I didn't watch the trial so I don't know if they were right. Sometimes juries do screw up (e.g. OJ murder trial).

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Show's not over yet. Cue the personal injury lawsuits (wife got hurt by his actions). It's going to haunt him till he dies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom