• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It's a shame. RI is really a very nice State in a lot of ways, just so badly corrupted by MA and CT.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    It's a shame. RI is really a very nice State in a lot of ways, just so badly corrupted by MA and CT.

They've been known as "Rogue Island" for several hundred years for good reason.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    True. The early history of RI is one that was not in step with the surrounding colonies .

Even in recent years they have run their leg in direct violation of their own laws....I seem to recall them having closed sessions or something like that against their own laws

diamondd817

Oct 26, 2012
    I was just in Providence, RI for 4 weeks on a job. For the most part, Providence and its surrounding towns are ghetto's with high unemployment, and high crime. This is exactly the type of place where you need to carry a gun on you.

The locals were telling me stories about the neighboring town called Central Falls. The town is bankrupt, the mayor was arrested, you can buy drugs on any corner. RI tried to give the town to MA but they refused to take it. We worked in this town for a couple days. We called the Central Falls police dept for security on location while we were there, they told us they couldn't help and that we should call the Pawtucket police, go figure.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I was just in Providence, RI for 4 weeks on a job. For the most part, Providence and its surrounding towns are ghetto's with high unemployment, and high crime. This is exactly the type of place where you need to carry a gun on you.

The locals were telling me stories about the neighboring town called Central Falls. The town is bankrupt, the mayor was arrested, you can buy drugs on any corner. RI tried to give the town to MA but they refused to take it. We worked in this town for a couple days. We called the Central Falls police dept for security on location while we were there, they told us they couldn't help and that we should call the Pawtucket police, go figure.

Yea, i figure the police have better things to do than babysit. Like do police work so people wont whine about bad response times.

Im amazed this has flown. Does anyone think SAF or NRA will get involved? Id hate to see the threads on Rhode Island Shooters Forum.

diamondd817

Oct 26, 2012
    Yea, i figure the police have better things to do than babysit. Like do police work so people wont whine about bad response time.

We hire off duty police and pay them overtime rate for there services. We don't ask anyone to " babysit", especially on the tax payers dime. The point was they are so under staffed that we couldn't even get an off duty officer. I think they have something like 6 cops left in the town.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    If nothing there is now a limitless well for SAF to sue from. I hope they pick some of these cases well and we get some real change to this nation. Just think of where we would be today if not for Heller and McDonald? Imagine a future where SAF sues against some of these crazy laws which end up at SCOTUS, which end up affirming that we have the right to weapons like they are trying to ban. It would paint these anti States into a corner limiting what they could control. I'm optimistic today.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Not a shame ...

RI is a very small state and can be easily subdued when the SHTF, except that you're right ... it's surrounded by NY and CT. :innocent0:cool::rolleyes:

CapoGreg

Extra mediocre
    Aug 10, 2009
    Aberdeen
    They don't care about a court case. Remember, the NRA & SAF have to raise money from donations to pay for a court battle...the state government only has to raise taxes.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Rhode Island sure did ...

644965.jpg

A great look at what is to come... I have a feeling this is what we get to look forward to in maryland

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Not too surprised... RI is mostly just one really big city. Kinda like DC passing a semi-auto ban.

I just don't see how states with vast areas of wilderness, like CA, think this type of restriction will pass and go unchallenged.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Not too surprised... RI is mostly just one really big city. Kinda like DC passing a semi-auto ban.

I just don't see how states with vast areas of wilderness, like CA, think this type of restriction will pass and go unchallenged.

Because they're not quite right in the heads?? ;)

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Does that mean the law is unenforceable?
    Or would they need someone to be a "test case" to challenge it?

I guess we have to see if the state is willing to enforce their own preemption law. I wonder if local police will enforce a law that they know is in violation of state law.

FL had a problem with localities violating their preemption law, so they passed another law saying that any officials making or enforcing legislation violating preemption will be fined. That fixed things quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom