• E136825B-BDA1-43F7-86DF-D869CB261855.jpg
      E136825B-BDA1-43F7-86DF-D869CB261855.jpg
      93.8 KB · Views: 181

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Looks awesome. Just finished my dedicated .22lr AR pistol 20 minutes ago and just waiting on a good deal on a FS1913 Brace to come along to be 100% done....and maybe a lower optic mount.
    Hey MIL-SURP, I think there is an attachment you can put on the bolt that will allow it to work with a forward assist. Probably over kill but would look cool.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Hey MIL-SURP, I think there is an attachment you can put on the bolt that will allow it to work with a forward assist. Probably over kill but would look cool.
    In my experience, it was a source of reliability issues, and things improved somewhat when I removed it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    We talking about the(CMMG) auto sear trip? I've not experience any problems caused by that but the feed ramp did need addressing. Runs fine.
    22sbr.jpg

Last edited:

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    My entry; 4.5" CMMG barrel/bolt on an existing SBR with can tucked under the hand guard. This is one short member a man can be proud of!

Attachments

• IMG_1923.JPEG
      IMG_1923.JPEG
      487 KB · Views: 83
    • IMG_1925.JPEG
      IMG_1925.JPEG
      298.6 KB · Views: 83
    • IMG_1924.JPEG
      IMG_1924.JPEG
      498.5 KB · Views: 84

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My entry; 4.5" CMMG barrel/bolt on an existing SBR with can tucked under the hand guard. This is one short member a man can be proud of!
    Some of us just have to learn to live with permanently seated SBRs.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    How do you form one an AR for a shorty 22 upper? Do you list the caliber on the form one as 22 or whatever is stamped on the lower? I guess if ATF approves it you can go below 29” with a .22 upper, but any other upper would have to be greater than 29”?

I was actually going to form one a 15-22 next week, but this seems like a better option.

ETA; I just looked at my stripped lower and its marked Multi.

Last edited:

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    How do you form one an AR for a shorty 22 upper? Do you list the caliber on the form one as 22 or whatever is stamped on the lower? I guess if ATF approves it you can go below 29” with a .22 upper, but any other upper would have to be greater than 29”?

I was actually going to form one a 15-22 next week, but this seems like a better option.

You can use 5.56 for the form 1 just as long as it can be configured as such and conforms to any MD laws. Your Form 1 SBR may shoot other calibers (again, conforming to local laws), and you can optionally add that caliber to your application, but it is not mandatory to do so. So the easiest thing to do is use an existing 5.56 SBR, or just use 5.56 for a new application, and add the 22 LR later.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

In the case of a standard AR lower, if you already have one SBR'd, you can slap a short .22 upper on it any time you want. If not, then pick a caliber and F1 it. You will still have the option to switch uppers any time you want.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    In the case of a standard AR lower, if you already have one SBR'd, you can slap a short .22 upper on it any time you want. If not, then pick a caliber and F1 it. You will still have the option to switch uppers any time you want.

That makes sense, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom