• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CFCE

Nov 23, 2012
    St. Mary's Co.
    Was on another forum. There was a fellow talking about using rifles in combat shooting competitions. He was in Massachusetts. This sounds interesting. As near as I could tell it is different from a three gun competition. Anybody know of any ranges in Maryland or the states that border us that offer this competition? I tried doing a web search, but all I found were people offering combat training and one range in Massachusetts or Michigan showing results of their last shoot. Thanks for any info.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    peacemaker is going to start doing a 2 gun monthly match in august on their IDPA days. sounds like it will be done in their pistol bays and be similar to an idpa match in format. sure it will be on their website soon.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    NRA changed the name of the National Defense Match to NRA Action Rifle. The Advanced and Championship level matches are like 3-gun but you only use an AR. The advanced is only in shooting bays and the Championship more like a pro 3-gun with targets out to as much as 600 yards in some stages. Multiple stages with props like vehicles and barriers. The Mayberry Carbine from what a friend told me is like one giant stage that goes all over the place and you shoot different targets as you move down range.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    peacemaker is going to start doing a 2 gun monthly match in august on their IDPA days. sounds like it will be done in their pistol bays and be similar to an idpa match in format. sure it will be on their website soon.

That's interesting. I know IDPA in some areas has clubs that do something like rimfire 2-gun or centerfire pistol and tactical .22 and I have shot both shotgun and AR side matches at IDPA events. The IDPA rulebook includes both ARs and pistol caliber carbines (which is how some places use tactical .22 rifles).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom